Bones "cracking or popping"

Options
When I'm working out my bones crack and or pop is this normal?? I am going into my second week of exercising so maybe my body isn't used to it?? What's going on with that?

Replies

• natabugg
    Options
    When I'm working out my bones crack and or pop is this normal?? I am going into my second week of exercising so maybe my body isn't used to it?? What's going on with that?
  • badtzmaru7979
    Options
    mine do that too. but then ive always been real poppy. i never had any problems with it though.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's either little air bubbles in the fluid sacs between your joints, or tendons/ligaments moving around. There's not much you can do about it, but if it hurts you should take some time off.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Mine crack and pop just getting out of bed! lol

It is a normal aging thing, like song said if it is causing pain then you probably need to take it easy or see a doctor but other than that welcome to adulthood...:laugh: Doing yoga and stretching does help me too.

good luck
  • natabugg
    Options
    GEEE thanks.. I know I'm getting old but i didn't think this fast...well not THAT old just yet hehehe:tongue:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    my rheumotoligist said its okay...that our bodies do that
  • PammyB3130
    Options
    I went to physical therapy for a month for this problem...I had the cracking and popping along with lots of pain and soreness in my knees. They gave me several exercises to do to strengthen my quads and all the muscle around my knee. They also told me to heat my knee for 20 minutes before exercising and ice it for at least 10 minutes after exercising. so I've been keeping up this routine and I've seen a huge difference in the amount of soreness in my knee and I've also lost inches around my knees and thighs from all the physical therapy exercises!!

if it's a problem you're really worried about I would definitely go see you doctor. I know I definitely wouldn't have been comfortable continuing exercising with all the popping and cracking if I hadn't have gone to the doctor and to physical therapy. just the reassurance that it was fine helped me out a lot.
  • nschreib
    Options
    its normal for your body to make a cracking or popping sound when moving. as you exercise more and your muscle and tendons stretch and get used to being worked, it should decrease.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    GEEE thanks.. I know I'm getting old but i didn't think this fast...well not THAT old just yet hehehe:tongue:

Should I be offended?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: