Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Body Pump

How heavy does every here go with their weights?

and which weights do you think you get the best results with?

I go quite heavy:

Warmup (10kg)
Squats (22.5kg)
Chest(12.5kg)
Back (17.5kg)
Triceps (10kg)
Biceps (10kg)
Lunges (15kg)
Shoulders (4kg hand weights, 10kg bar)

Anyone else?

Replies

• is this a class toebass?

i don't remember my weights i think most of them were either 10kg or 20kg... it was hard work and i had tears coming out of my eyes lol
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm fairly new, starting off
    warmup 5lbs
    Squats/lunges 10lb
    chest 10lb
    shoulders 5lb
    back 10lb
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    is this a class toebass?

i don't remember my weights i think most of them were either 10kg or 20kg... it was hard work and i had tears coming out of my eyes lol

Yep it is a class :) my favourite class of all

it's interesting, i find girls seem to cope better than guys with this class.. hence the curiosity :)
  • I dont remember exactly, mostly it was 10 to 20 lbs but I want to know how you log that in for your exercise. I cant find it anywhere unless I tediously log every single set. I love the class but would like to see me get credit for it in my daily log.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Snif... I miss Body Pump! That's how I initially lost most of my baby weight. Have fun!

With regards to logging, there is a strength training entry under cardio where you just put in your minutes.
  • Right now I'm generally doing:

(totals, not per side)

Warmup 20 lb (~9kg)
    Squats 40 lb (~18kg)
    Chest 25 lb (~11kg)
    Back 30 lb (~14kg)
    Triceps 20 lb on the bar, 5s for kickbacks, 10 for overhead (~9/2/5 kg)
    Biceps 20 lb (~9kg)
    Lunges 30 lb (~14kg)
    Shoulders 20 lb on the bar, 5 lb plates for raises/rotator (~9/2 kg)

As for "best results," my philosophy is to do whatever is challenging, but doable. I started going to Pump regularly back in November when our gym here in town opened, and I've increased my weights twice in that time, I think. I'll probably increase my squat weight soon, but biceps are still killing me at the current weight, heh.