How on earth am I supposed to eat that much??

Options

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good, but I advocate beans. They are high fiber and good calories range. Don't forget your whole grains, too.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, I eat what I thought was a *ton* but apparently I am falling 200 calories short a day!! Given I have been sick this week but by golly I can't imagine getting to 1600 calories a day!!!

OP whatever you do, do not just fill up with junk just to meet the goal.

People will say stuff like "eat pizza" or "cakes" or "sweets" etc. It is entirely up to you but empty calories are absolutely down and out pointless and defeat the whole object of eating sensibly.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You'll find a way
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I don't understand these posts. I would love to be able to eat 1600 cals a day, mine's set to 1200. It's very simple to eat that much, you just do.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Figure out where, if anywhere, you're lacking in your macros, and work from there. Low on protein? Have a protein bar or shake. Low on fats? Add olive oil when cooking. Only low on calories? Eat whatever you want.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    open. chew. swallow. Its all in your head,
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    open. chew. swallow. Its all in your head,

^^^^Hello^^^^^^
  • HealthyBride5_3_13
    Options
    I'm with you on that one EmCarroll1990. I have no trouble eating all my calories, even on days when I burn over 900 calories working out.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I don't understand these posts. I would love to be able to eat 1600 cals a day, mine's set to 1200. It's very simple to eat that much, you just do.

I totally agree. 1600 adds up FAST.
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Another person that doesn't get it here. I see so so many people they can't eat that much but how did we all end up fat and on here in the first place? I totally agree with all the nut comments though, and the ones about full fat. Try having less 'diet' stuff if you eat them now, full fat versions will give you the extra cals and fat you need to look after yourself :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

^^^ these post confuse me too..i usually dont respond...but i now have another question, and in no way to be mean, but, if its hard to eat 1600 calories..how did you end up on a weight loss journey? Or maybe your not, i guess i should have checked your stats first, but this seems to be a recurring post. Maybe im jealous because i can eat 1600 calories easy, lol.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    A PBJ with Smucker's Natural PNB and fruit spread on 2 pcs of Ezekiel bread is 400 calories, this is my pre-workout meal.
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Another person that doesn't get it here. I see so so many people they can't eat that much but how did we all end up fat and on here in the first place? I totally agree with all the nut comments though, and the ones about full fat. Try having less 'diet' stuff if you eat them now, full fat versions will give you the extra cals and fat you need to look after yourself :)

ditto...alot of people on this site have "trouble" eating more than 1200 calories but are overweight...this is getting nuts!!
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, but worse =/ I've been eating really slowly and I get full quickly and I can never seem to eat more than 800-900 cal/day...but it's not like I feel hungry at all. My boyfriend was trying to make me eat more yesterday after I'd only eaten 700 calories and I felt miserable and eventually got to 900 X.x
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Seriously?! Can't get to 1600 calories?! Go to 7/11 pick up a bag of chips, candy bar, litterally, anything in 7/11. If you want to do it healthy, have two large spoon fulls of peanut butter, thats got to add up to around 250 calories... if you dont like plain peanut butter, put it on a banana, add another 100 calories for that... have a glass of wine (if your over 21), about 125 calories, whever ever I find I'm too low for the day (usually due to a hard workout and burrning a lot) I'll have a glass or two of wine to treat myself.
  • melissa_e
    Options

I also wonder how so many people on a weight loss site have trouble eating all their calories. I wonder if maybe lots of people are used to a cycle of depriving themselves because eating whole healthy meals three times a day is too much work, and then binging like mad because they're deprived. OP, or anyone who has experienced this problem, does that sound familiar?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Add some healthy fats to your diet and you'll reach it.

Yes this! ^^^
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Maybe the OP means plus exercise calories?
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    My breakfast:
    1 serving of oatmeal + 2Tbs Almond butter + 1 scoop chocolate protein powder = 600 calories DEFEATED!!!

Good anytime, day or night!