Please help I'm stuck...

Options
I had been doing my diet really seriously and lost 3lb in the first week, or so i though!!! when i weighed myself 2 days later I had put it back on and the day after that, and i dont seem to be able to lose anything...I have totally lost motivation and am so desperate to lose weight I just dont know what to do
:( any suggestions would be greatly received xx

Replies

• Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had been doing my diet really seriously and lost 3lb in the first week, or so i though!!! when i weighed myself 2 days later I had put it back on and the day after that, and i dont seem to be able to lose anything...I have totally lost motivation and am so desperate to lose weight I just dont know what to do
    :( any suggestions would be greatly received xx
  • e11xoxo
    e11xoxo Posts: 86
    Options
    The weight fluctuations were driving me crazy as well. So I decided to put the pounds on the back burner and focus on body fat. I went to Sears and bought a scale with a body fat analyzer in it. It calculates what my body fat percent is, my water, my basal metabolic rate, and my muscle percent. As long as that body fat % is going down, I'm not thinking about the pounds.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It very well could be water weight. Are you eating alot of sodium ? Is your TOM near? I know water weight sucks! Cindy
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think people become obsessed with the scale i choose 1 day of the week and weigh myself. I dont care about anything else until that day i weigh in. Your weight can change from day to day if you constantly weight yourself your causing nothing but heart ache to yourself i say choose a day and weigh in no more than once a week. Good luck.
  • BLAIREST
    BLAIREST Posts: 2
    Options
    The most important thing is to keep tracking your food. Whatever you do, don't give up. Eventually, patterns of weight loss and what you are eating will emerge and one of these days, maybe in a week or two, you will have an idea of what is working and why. When that happens, you will feel very confident then your weight loss will be more in your control.
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice guys :)
  • knits1
    knits1 Posts: 1
    Options
    It is very important that you drink all your water. The first week, some of that loss might have been water weight.

It depends on what diet you are following why you are stuck. If its a well balanced diet, you might be eating/drinking hidden calories.

If you are eating a lot of boxed meals, you might have to up the water because of the sodium in them