Confused on calorie limit...? Help?

Options
I guess what I want to know is, will a 1200 net calorie diet slow your metabolism when you know that your BMR is 1341, and you're active?
I've been following a 1200 net calorie diet for a couple weeks now with a spike day per week. I have about 24lbs left to lose, and have incorporated slightly more strength training into my routine, alternating days between strength and cardio. This is because I took a fitness test that indicated that I need to drop my weight, and gain more muscle mass. I have yet to see ANY weight loss, which is frustrating. Should I up my calories to 1400? Or keep it with the 1200, and hope that it doesn't slow my metabolism? Help?

Replies

• pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I would up your calories! If you don't eat enough to support your activity you will have more trouble losing weight/fat!
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    you definitely need to up your calorie intake. you should never got below 1400. your body will go into starvation mode and start slowing your metabolism.
  • JessieRichelle
    JessieRichelle Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks, all. I'll up my calories and see what happens! fingers crossed..:happy: