fluffy girl worried about flying on LOT airlines

Options
FluffyCorky
FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
Hello my fellow losers,

I recently decided on a whim to join a friend in her travels to Italy. I'm super excited about it and can not wait. However I'm traveling on an airline called LOT Polish Airlines and can not find any reviews about accomodating fat people. I'm the biggest I've ever been while flying and am sure for the first time ever I will need the seatbelt extender. Major bummer #1. But my biggest concern is how squished I'm going to feel in the seat. Chicago to Italy...clearly a long flight. Does anyone out there have any reviews? Anyone? I'm more nervous about the flight then the actual trip!

Replies

• FluffyCorky
    FluffyCorky Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I guess that's a no...it was worth a shot!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    my google fu found this site: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/LOT_Polish_Airlines/information.php

there's a chart at the bottom that tells you everything about seat size.

good luck! i know how nerve wracking it can be to fly.
  • _beachbaby_
    Options
    I thought that said "fluffgirl" and get a little girl wood.
  • terrellc1
    terrellc1 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, please do not encroach upon the people sitting next to you.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options

Wait what? Are you serious?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Polish airlines...there's your red flag right there.
  • MKCSFX
    MKCSFX Posts: 24
    Options
    TER----WOW...didn't you learn anything when you were young....if you don't have anything good to say keep your friggin trap SHUT!!!!!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options

I'm hoping this was sarcasm.
    I thought that said "fluffgirl" and get a little girl wood.

I read it as fluffgirl too and was disappointed when I read the OP.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options

What a sweetheart.

On the subject of "encroaching," when I flew really heavy, I 1) went for the aisle seat, and 2) put my skinnier travel mate between me and whomever also shared the row (in 2 seater rows, this wasn't a problem). That way, any "encroaching" I did was on unused space between me and my travel partner.

Plane seats are small--dramatically so. A first class seat is about the same size as a coach seat on an Amtrak train. Obviously, you can't take Amtrak to Italy, and, if you're like me, you can't afford first class, either.

Good luck, and try to enjoy! It's a long flight, and you may find that it's not full and you'll have room to be comfortable!
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    OP, you'll be flying a 767-300 over the Atlantic. The coach seat on that plane will be 18.7'' wide, nearly 2'' wider than a domestic US carrier. If possible, try to book seats in rows 18 or 19, as they will have more leg room. Row 19 will be the better of the 2. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/LOT_Polish_Airlines/LOT_Polish_Airlines_Boeing_767-300ER.php. Avoid row 39.