What's your goal and reward?

Options
I'm a firm believer in short term goals and rewards. I'm psychologically conditioning myself lol!

If I go running 15 days this month I get to buy myself a new dress! I even picked it out and look at it for motivation!

What are your goals and rewards?

Replies

• Jac150
    Options
    I do the same thing!! I buy a dress for every next size down and use it as motivation. The harder I work the faster I can enjoy my new dress.
  • CCChaos625
    CCChaos625 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends and I want to do a pole dancing class when we get to our goal weight, should be right around our birthdays!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Reaching my goal was the reward....
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't get the whole 'rewarding myself' thing. my reward is the result. I am working my *kitten* off to work my *kitten* off. when I do, that's my reward.
  • Great idea I'll try that for now I go get a massage if I go down at least 5 pounds & limit two sweets a week I'm bad on that part I've had two jello puddings every night ;(. Where's my discipline
  • witch31
    witch31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Right now I am trying to up my water intake...for every day that I drink a full 8 glasses I am putting $2 in a vacation fund. Next summer with that money I plan to go somewhere tropical.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Reaching my goal was the reward....

Mine too. I don't do mini goals or anything. I just buy new clothes when I need them, get my hair done when I need to, etc. Actually reaching my goal and being the healthy, fit role model I want to be for my kids is all the reward I need.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to reward myself to get to a goal! I like to get something completely frivolous for making each mini-goal. I am looking forward to a new wardrobe when I get to my final goal!
  • misty92
    Options
    My goal for this month is walking/running 50 miles plus my normal zumba workouts. If I complete it my reward is getting a massage. I can't wait I can do this.
  • mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My goal is 20 more pounds> Am still thinking of my reward. It will be a reward in itself when I get there..
  • zzzzia
    zzzzia Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I normally set clothing goals. If I lose another 10 lbs: I can get myself a new pair of jeans...
    Most of the time, I fix goals with no rewards.... for example: my goal is to reach the green level on Nike Plus (250k ran). I am at 220 something right now.
    I will be ecstatic when I reach green, even though there is no reward associated.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    That massage idea sounds great! To those who dismiss the rewards idea, I know for me at least this is my way of breaking my habit of using food as a reward. (Like if I get x,y,z done this week I get to go out for dinner and get cake, and a margarita, and whatever else I want...) Using food as a reward is a horrible idea but this way I still feel like I'm motivating myself. Also I really do need summer clothes so this works in two ways lol.

Keep it up guys!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Goal: To not be fat.

Reward: To not be fat.

:smile:
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I reach the next size down I am treating myself to new clothes. I received a gift card for Christmas and I REFUSE to spend it on size 12's
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my goals are to do about half a dozen races this year, including two triathlon and tough mudder.

my rewards are to do about half a dozen races this year, including two triathlons and tough mudder.
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    next goal: running my 2nd half marathon on April 1

Reward: finishing my 2nd half marathon on April 1
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Goal: get down to 140 by my birthday in November

Reward: to look good naked.
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I kind of have to buy myself new clothes from the weight I've lost, which is a built in (EXPENSIVE) reward system.

It seems like my wardrobe suddenly became quite small (I mean I have less clothes that fit me), so I guess I'll just have to go on a shopping spree *kicks rocks* awh shucks [sarcastic font]
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose half of me, the reward is the loss. I don't need goals set to help me along, I really want this for once.
  • mrsjads
    Options
    I have a girly night in to look forward to on march 9th! I am hoping that I can stick within my calories until then and I can have some pizza and chips etc that night!
    Not setting a goal for it as I am happy to lose anything x