I started this week

I'm new here and I'm tring so hard to stay on the right path. Up until today I was within my range for eatting, I'm having trouble though when I excersize and have to eat more food to consume the extra calories because I'm not hungry and having something like cereal (Special K) ends up boosting my calories, but pushing my carbs over the limit. What foods do you recommend to get the last 100 calories without pushing the other cateogries over?

I messed up with brunch this morning. I had 2 pieces of bacon, two eggs, and one pancake. A cup of coffee and later on for a snack a yogurt. I have just under 500 calories left for the rest of the day, minimal carbs and protein left as well. My allowed calorie amount is 1200. Should I have small snacks the rest of the day so my body is getting some food, but without the higher calories that a lunch and dinner would give?

Replies

• happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    I'm new here and I'm tring so hard to stay on the right path. Up until today I was within my range for eatting, I'm having trouble though when I excersize and have to eat more food to consume the extra calories because I'm not hungry and having something like cereal (Special K) ends up boosting my calories, but pushing my carbs over the limit. What foods do you recommend to get the last 100 calories without pushing the other cateogries over?

I messed up with brunch this morning. I had 2 pieces of bacon, two eggs, and one pancake. A cup of coffee and later on for a snack a yogurt. I have just under 500 calories left for the rest of the day, minimal carbs and protein left as well. My allowed calorie amount is 1200. Should I have small snacks the rest of the day so my body is getting some food, but without the higher calories that a lunch and dinner would give?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    You'll learn quickly that planning your calories helps alot, there were quite a few days where I ended up eating tomatos on a slice of bread for dinner because I ate most of my calories by noon. You will also learn to look for lighter calorie foods because you can eat more during the day. One bacon slice can range from 90-110 calories. Oh, so small a piece of fat for so high calories, more eggs and one slice of bacon would have filled you the same and saved you 100 extra calories. Needless to say we must all explore and experience the eating change. Snacking for the rest of the day is a great idea 100 calorie bites every hour or two will help alot, but if you have a family you eat with you can't do that too often. Think calorie light, brothy soups today, vegetables, fruits etc... It might also help to have a couple low calorie lean cuisines in the freezer for future for days when you are stuck, you can get a full meal for 250 calories. Also, you could take 20 minutes and do some boxer skipping, jumping jacks, squats, lift some soup cans, pushups, sit ups and earn yourself some extra calories to eat today..:flowerforyou:
  • happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you so much for the advice. I usually have one or two Lean Cuisines a day and make something for my family seperate because I'm still trying to figure out portion sizes, lol! I really like your idea of having soup, especially vegetable soup. I know, it was such a waste with the bacon, after I ate it I thought of all the other foods I could have had that would have filled me up more than that. Hehe, I won't be doing that again!
    Thanks again!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Thank you so much for the advice. I usually have one or two Lean Cuisines a day and make something for my family seperate because I'm still trying to figure out portion sizes, lol! I really like your idea of having soup, especially vegetable soup. I know, it was such a waste with the bacon, after I ate it I thought of all the other foods I could have had that would have filled me up more than that. Hehe, I won't be doing that again!
    Thanks again!

It gets easier as you go, I'm at my goal weight now and am still learning portion sizes! Honestly , get a scale for your food ($15.00) then as your family laughs at you while you weigh everything, you can eat with them but have your portion size. The scale saves you from eyeballing, because eyeballing doesn't work so well with calorie counting.:wink:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    =o)
    Hey Mel, you're doing great! I suck right now since being sick but as soon as I am better and off of the antibiotics I am gonna try hard!!