Proud of myself

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
I guess this belongs here.

I usually have a 260 calorie peanut butter and 10 calorie jelly sandwich on 40 calorie wheat bread for lunch. But, today, we had a big meeting at work. It ran through lunch. The boss ordered pizzas. All kinds, plain, pepperoni, sausage, meatballs, you name it. Plus Garlic knots and all sorts of bread.
So, as to not be embarrassed, I put my sandwich back in my lunch box and ate 1(one) slice of plain pizza. I was so proud of myself. I could usually eat 4-5 slices.

Replies

• Amalthia79
    Options
    Great job!! I know how hard that is and you SHOULD be proud of yourself!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    And it is all because of this site. I track my calories so completely. I am addicted to this site.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's nothing small. Especially if you're breaking old habits to fit your new lifestyle.

Every single step is an achievement and they all lead to something worthwhile. Keep it up!
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Damn right about beaking old habits. I am really doing well. It is amazing how much this site has helped me. I still eat basically the same food, just a lot less. With minor changes. Such as brown rice and sweet potatos are now a standard part of the diet. But most important, I REALLY count calories and track everything.

It is amazing how many calories are in certain foods. Especially things like olive oil, butter and salad dressing. I am now measuring everything. I feel like a mad scientist. But I am losing amazing amounts of weight and working out daily.
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Awesome dedication to your Goal. Keep it up!!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That is really tough - especially when sitting around with all your co-workers.

Thanks for sharing!
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is the kind of lifestyle change that we need to make to get healthy!!

Kudos!
  • WinterB2003
    WinterB2003 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know that was a tough situation..but you prevailed greatly! :smile:
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Things like that are hard to do. It's so easy when you see everyone else saying ohhhhh that was good pass me the sausage one now and then another and another and bread too!!!! Yikes...the bread would be the hardest for me. Watch out I will steal the crust from your plate if you leave it!! LOL So you should be proud of yourself and I think Success Story Forum is the perfect place for your story!!
  • MJBez
    MJBez Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good job! It is hard to have the will power to say no (or limit yourself) but it is so worth it! The pride and self satisfaction makes the day more bearable! (at least for me)
    I am also addicted to this site! I'm pretty new but I love planning everything and am starting to feel better!
    Way to go! :happy:
  • klhinrichsen
    klhinrichsen Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I ordered papa johns pizza the other day and normally I would eat at least 2 pieces and chow down 8-10 spicy buffalo wings. Well after discovering 280 calories for each piece of pizza and 170 cal for 2 wings, I reduced my intake tremendously. Was so hard to do but a task needed to be done so I can write in the chapter of that day- success.
    I feel your pain and feel your joy. Great job !!!
  • eksims1
    eksims1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    And it is all because of this site. I track my calories so completely. I am addicted to this site.

I feel the same way. MFP has completely changed my life. Great job! Way to be in control!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I think your anecdote is terrific. It is a wonderful example of a lifestyle that is not focused on restricting but restructuring, and totally sustainable. Thanks for the uplift!
  • baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I faced a similar challenge last weekend. I can certainly empathize. It takes a lot of self-control to eat only one piece when everyone else is "chowing down." I think that was a big "win" for you and over time, you won't even think twice about it. I know that at work, I make sure when food is ordered for everyone, including pizza, I assure plenty of healthy options are ordered as well. This hopefully encourages others to grab one or two fewer slices of pizza and replace it with something a little better for them.
  • katisabanana
    katisabanana Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! congrats!
    i am proud of you!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    awesome .. thats really great job ... its not easy at all to control food ..
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!!! you should be proud of yourself, and way to track everything - FAB NSV!!!!! yahhoooooo !
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I empathize with you completely, I work at a Pizza Hut, I have to fight the temptation of the wings every day.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory. Giving up things like that is one thing, but eating just one slice and enjoying it is even harder still.
    With that attitude you're destined for success!
  • saarek
    saarek Posts: 14
    Options
    Think you've got more willpower than I, I'd have had two pieces! Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!