970 calories over! Bad day! Anyone else have one?

Options
2»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I was 1200 under......i know that can't be good....:ohwell:

Nope, that's not good either. But the same thing applies - just plan better for tomorrow!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I really don't see the problem here. Your body doesn't run on a 24 hour cycle. You have to look at calorie intakes on a weekly perspective.
  • Weezieishness
    Weezieishness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I disagree about not ever eating fast food. There may be times where it's just much more convenient to have something in a hurry, and it is possible to eat fast food and not go over your limit. You just have to be very careful about what you choose. I've learned to avoid pizza like the plague, it is very high in calories. Subway can be fine if you know what to choose. Just don't be tempted to go for a meal because you don't need cookies or soft drinks. Same applies for McDonalds, there are a couple of options that aren't too bad, but avoid combos because fries and soft drinks are terribly high in calories.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I disagree about not ever eating fast food. There may be times where it's just much more convenient to have something in a hurry, and it is possible to eat fast food and not go over your limit. You just have to be very careful about what you choose. I've learned to avoid pizza like the plague, it is very high in calories. Subway can be fine if you know what to choose. Just don't be tempted to go for a meal because you don't need cookies or soft drinks. Same applies for McDonalds, there are a couple of options that aren't too bad, but avoid combos because fries and soft drinks are terribly high in calories.
    Calories in vs calories out. As long as I hit my macros for the day, I am good. Yes, that includes fast food as well.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i was over by 800+ calories, mwahahahahaha

dont feel to bad about it and dont beat yourself up. we all have our off days. n to be fair i LOVE my off days hahahahaa
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I agree with this. What I'll normally do is if I want a burger get it low carb style with a "value" meal fry, that way my fry craving is covered but I'm still good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Mine has been a bad week since monday!!! been craving crap and been over by 500 plus cals every day!!!
  • natika33
    natika33 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it, just get back on the wagon... er... treadmill as soon as you can! I've had days like that and I also plateau'd for awhile, but if you just stick with it, it will eventually come off.

If you have extra time in your day, you can do a bit more exercise to compensate. It doesn't have to be spectacular, just a walk or going up and down your stairs a few times can help you burn some of that off.
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Well I have had 2 extra cheating days this year (2012). The one was on the New Year's evening and the other last week.
    I ate... 1800 calories OVER my goal, that is about 3.000 cals in the day.

When I did it first time I felt guilty and got back in the track the very next day by eating healthy and going to gym 5 days a week.
    The second time I did the same and my friends on MFP told me to see it as a cheating day, cause I don't get over my goal so much ever.
    Then I noticed that I loss more weight the week after these overeating days. I'm constantly on a plateau because of my Hashimoto, so when I have this overeating days I noticed that 1-2 days later my weight is less than before.
    So...
    Yes it's a bad day, at first
    BUT
    It;s ok to do it once in a while.
    Obviously I do it once in a month (doesn't matter when TOM comes) it just happens as a combination of having cravings for food, have already eat dinner and my friends want to go for beers and burgers... It's ok! i will handle it from now on!
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Sorta... it started out good but I'm up late... and I'm indulging in left overs (meatball, potato, and carrots)... I got to stop n drink my water :P
  • melainemelaine
    melainemelaine Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    last night with 1145 cals over :S ( and 700ish of them over my maintenance) :explode: