Google Docs Technical Support?

Options
I figure some of you may be able to answer my question much more easily than asking google. BTW - I tried that and seem to be getting nowhere.

An MFPal in a Group I belong to posts a link to a google doc spreadsheet with our weekly updates on challenges, etc. I cannot view it :(

I have tried just highlighting the link and copy/paste the link to search with google and I only get a link back to the MFP forum where she posted the google doc link.

I am signed into google docs with the same email I provided her with and everyone else in the group is able to view it.

Help Please!

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    you may be lacking a program on your computer to open it ( abobe or office depending on the file type) have you had this problem all along or is this new?
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    it's an excel sheet and I have office. I have never been able to open this sheet but have opened others in the past with google docs.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see. I am an avid G-Docs user. Try this link and tell me if this works for you:

http://goo.gl/agmsS
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Google Person Finder in Japanese? If yes, then yes, I can find it and open it. :)
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    can everyone else in the group read it?
    it's probably a permissions thing the creator has to grant you .
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    So, she changed the share settings to public and double checked my email address and I still cannot access it. WTF? This is so annoying.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    Options
    Ok, I'm not sure what happened but I just went into Google Docs to search for more help and it's there in my shared docs! Thanks for your time, all.