The next step?

Options
Ok, so I've been doing this for 140 days now. I've lost 29 lbs but I've seemed to hit a plateau. I have at least 30 more lbs to lose before I'm healthy so I'm anxious to get back on track. I was on 1210 net and was keeping to that pretty well. I decided that with the plateau that I might want to up my calories a bit so I changed my weightloss goal from 1.5 to 1 lb a week bringing my new calorie goal to 1390. I also decided that I wanted to up my protein intake to 25%.

Now I'm having second thoughts. I've only been doing this higher calorie protein focused way of eating for maybe a week and I feel like I'm eating all the time. I had a minor freakout day where I went crazy off calories but that is not the norm. I just don't want to sabotage myself by changing too much at one time or making the wrong changes. Has anybody been in the same situation or have any insight? Diary is open. Thanks

Oh, and I just started the 30 DS again

Replies

• MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ???
  • cwalters1540
    cwalters1540 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 pounds in 10 weeks by sticking to a 1250 calories diet then I also hit the dreaded plateau. After 4 weeks I decided to decrease my calories. I started keeping to 1250 calories but did NOT eat back my exercise calories so I was down around 900 net calories and guess what...I didn't lose an ounce.

Figuring I had nothing to lose (except hopefully weight!) I decided to increase my calories to a net of 1350-1400 and I've started to lose weight again. It's only been about 2 weeks and the weight is coming off slowly, but it is coming off. Give it another week or so and if you don't begin to lose weight again you can also try decreasing it a bit.

I wouldn't be too worried about the change yet if I were you. You've added less than 200 calories a day so you're not making too extreme a change. Try sticking with it another week or 2 and see how it goes.