Logging steps

Options
Can anyone tell me how I can add the steps taken throughout my day? There are days where I log more than 10,000 steps but can't seem to find a way to get that logged in as part of my exercise. I've only been on for 2 weeks but have already started to see wait loss. I'm so loving this site. Any suggestions on maintaining and increasing weight loss will be appreciated.

Replies

• Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    You could log your steps in the notes section...?
  • emacra2
    Options
    I believe that 2,000 steps is 1 mile and 10,000 steps is equal to 5 miles. Hope that helps.
  • lizblizz28
    Options
    I googled approximately how many calories are burnt per step and one of the top answers said it takes 20 steps to burn one calorie. You could create a new exercise based on this maybe? I'm not sure, I've never tried
  • Vicky0125
    Options
    Thanks. Will give these suggestions a try.
  • JDavid007
    JDavid007 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    What I do or did is created a custom exercise under My Exercises…...Then the Exercise Type I call Cardiovascular…....The for the minutes I added 100….I will call this steps not minutes…even though it says minutes….for the Calories burned section I made it 7(for me)...…The formula is….....Your weight (mine 252 X .57 / 2200) (2200 is an estimate of steps in a mile)...... That give you how many calories per step for you. Mine is .065……MFP will not let you enter a calories less than 1 so I used 100 as I shown above. 100 X .07 (rounded up) = 7 calories per 100 steps. .......Now you can enter your steps in the minute’s section and it will calculate the correct calories burned.