calorie intake with exercise/need help

Options
if my total calories for the day is 1200 and get an extra 500 for exercise, should i be eating the 1200 or should i be eating 1700? i am unsure and am losing weight, ever so slowly. i am doing good with my exercise goals and keeping with my calorie goal 4-5 days a week. Often i am under my goal. i am almost wondering if there truly is a weight loss god and i actually should be eating MORE calories???? :noway:

Replies

• GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    For me, if I eat the extra calories burned in an Insanity workout, I do not lose weight and actually gain a little but, lose inches. 1,200 calories seems pretty low but I do not know your stats or your goals.

What I have found is if I want weight loss, do not eat the extra calories from the burn...but if I want to maintain weight and lose inches, eat about 2/3 of the calories from the burn. Of course, guys and gals are different. Good luck.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you are accurately logging your food and exercise calories, then yes, indeed there is a weight loss god - you can eat more and still lose weight!
    Read the FAQ's to understand how MFP works (in a nutshell, it calculates daily calories and a calorie deficit without considering exercise) and then you can decide for yourself.