92lbs and Counting

Options
I'm relatively new to MFP and already addicted. I figured I would introduce myself and get more involved in the Message Boards!

My name is Jill ("Hi Jill"...this feels like a meeting!) and I have had struggles with my weight for as long as I can remember. An emotional eater from a very young age, food was a constant source of comfort during a tumultuous childhood. My weight was a sore spot throughout my childhood. My grandmother would bribe me with a cruise if I lost enough weight to fit into a bikini. She's dead now and I'm still fat! So much for that!

My dysfunctional relationship with food continued onto adulthood. To say "I ate my feelings" was an understatement. I am not entirely sure how much I weighed at my heaviest point, but after an accident in 2009 that involved some stairs and having to be carted out by the fire department because the EMT's couldn't lift me themselves... absolutely humiliating...I finally hit my rock bottom and decided to make a change once and for all. I purchased a scale in January 2010 and needless to say when the number on there was close to 400lbs I just about died. Years of treating my body like a garbage disposal had finally caught up with me. They (whoever "they" are) say that in order to change you have to hit rock bottom, and there I was..The time for change is now. I started tracking what I was eating, basing loosely on the Weight Watchers points system. I gradually started incorporating various activities into my daily routine, including biking, hiking, swimming, Zumba, and most recently, Cross fit. To date I've lost 92lbs and counting! I am finally under 300lbs and I hope to never see that dreaded number ever again.

In 2011 I became a certified Zumba instructor and am currently teaching 5 classes a week. This is something I never thought was possible, as bending down to tie my shoes was a struggle at one point! I still have a long way to go to reach my final goal weight...which I'm not even sure what that will even look like...but It's been an amazing transformation thus far!

It is my hope to inspire others to get healthy and to show that it is possible to lose weight the "hard" way. No surgeries, shakes or fad diets for this kid! Real food, hard work and sweat is where it's at!

Some photos...

This is a collage of old pictures of me with words to describe my feelings at those times. I put this on the fridge for motivation. This quote really stuck with me.
baggage.jpg

January 2012 - A Boudoir Photo Shoot as a gift to myself for my hard work!
395925_10150515818441432_514706431_9306830_2002056449_n.jpg

Replies

• wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What a great idea as a reward for your success! You are doing a great job! : )
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    WHOA NELLY! A ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR!?!?!? YOU GO GIRL! I can't even do 5 minutes of Zumba! I'm going to have to kick it up a notch.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Honestly, some days, I feel hopeless with 13 kilos left to go. Reading stories like this make me feel silly. I can't imagine going on the journey you have. Good luck with your goals and congrats on the progress so far! Inspiring!
  • msminkee
    msminkee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done and keep it up.
  • shirleymyren
    shirleymyren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and very motivational. Keep up the good work and enjoy your new body.
  • Hollyjd1019
    Options
    You look great! And you are inspiring. I wish you the best on your continued journey! Thanks for sharing!
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow very impressive !!! You are definately an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!