Any Louisiana people around?

Options
Looking for new friends in the south. I love biking, being a mother, student and wife.. its hard to get what i need for myself because I'm so busy. But I recently lost 30 lbs and looking to lose 30 more. I can encourge you and help you along your weightloss journey. I am looking for friends in Baton rouge who would maybe start a work out session, ride bikes, or exchange recipes, etc.. message me if looking for new friends or close by, happy counting everyone :)

Replies

• paulmrice
    paulmrice Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello from Prairieville. I stay pretty busy and usually don't get to do my exercising until after 10 PM, so I won't be much help in terms of an exercise buddy. But best of luck on your quest. 10 pounds down for me, 20 more to go!
  • CajunApril
    CajunApril Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Aww we are not to far but just far enough not to be able to meet on a regular basis .. I am in LaPlace. Its great to have u as a new buddy. Finally someone that has the same Louisiana food problems to support me :)

Good Luck!
  • Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm in leesville:/
    I think baton rouge is only 4-5hrs away!!!! Damn you army for putting me in a crappy town!!!
  • kaycik24
    Options
    I am down here in little old Raceland. I am a mom of 2, a 4 year old and a 4 month old. Lost all the baby weight plus an additional 20. I dont want to be skinny, just a lil thick and flat. I so want to loose my baby belly (lower belly). Is that too much to ask. Ughhh. With 2 kids, work and going back to school, its so hard to get a good exercise routine in. Wish i could find something thats really effective with great results that only takes about 30 min. You guys have any suggestions.
  • Cajun_momma
    Options
    Haha I know I use to be in the guard, my hubby is from Alexandria, I know exactly how u feel!!!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lifelong southeast Louisiana girl here but have been in central Florida just over a year now. So homesick!!!
  • garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm in Lafayette, not too far away!
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I live in Denham Springs. I spend a lot of time in Baton Rouge -- I work there, my boyfriend lives there (I met him on MFP). He and I are runners, though I am thinking about doing a triathlon in July, so I might hop on a bike and in the pool soon for training.
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm a NOLA baby born and raised, so i'm an hour away from you. I'll still add you as a friend on here though.
  • Cajun_momma
    Options
    I'm originally from Ville Platte,la.. Country as all get out, moved to Lafayette for a while and now in baton rouge now for 2 years. Different being in the city I tell you but it's nice.. Thanks for the add's.. Trying to find close friends for encourgement and maybe work out with. Husband works out of town as a nurse practitioner, and I'm in school 2 days a week with my 2 babies so it gets ruff a times.. But this time I'm gonna lose this last 30 lbs and tone up, need it after having 4 kids lol... Good luck to all and let me know if anyone needs help or encouragement 30 lbs lost so far and 30 to go!!!!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I am in Baton Rouge, in the Southdowns area.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'm in broussard.....
  • SweetTayta
    SweetTayta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey Hey Hey I'm from Northeast Louisiana , West Monroe to be exact.......:explode:
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am in Beaumont TExas, 45 minutes from Lake Charles!
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am from Morgan City La! Welcome