Stiff Muscles

Options
They're NOT sore ... just stiff and I started to feel it all over towards the end of last week. I'm not even sure if I'm feeling as energized as I used to.

I took my day off on Sunday and am feeling about the same today. I decided to not increase the intensity or length of my workouts this week but I did decide to stretch more.

Is there something else I can be doing? I really miss the feeling I used to get from exercise.

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    They're NOT sore ... just stiff and I started to feel it all over towards the end of last week. I'm not even sure if I'm feeling as energized as I used to.

I took my day off on Sunday and am feeling about the same today. I decided to not increase the intensity or length of my workouts this week but I did decide to stretch more.

Is there something else I can be doing? I really miss the feeling I used to get from exercise.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    welcome to your 30's :drinker:

Are you stiff from a workout? If so, heat and some stretching should help ease the tight feeling.

Otherwise, is it possible you are fighting off potential illness?

either way, take care of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way last month. I have a 20 minute segment in my workout video for stretching. So I did just this segment and viola.......I was all better!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm fine while I'm exercising or stretching but once I'm done, try to work, or even relax, I feel like an old woman.

Since I started exercise, I've been doing Classical Stretch at least every other day. I have it scheduled for every day now but if I keep feeling this way, I'm not going to be wanting to exercise so much anymore :angry:.

Ooh, I just got my HRM in the mail! Time to work out, hehe.