Where am I going wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• dekahler
    Options
    Bananas are loaded with sugar...one a day is really too much. I've been doing MFP for less than a week and have lost 5.4 lbs. and learned so much about what's in the food I eat. I enjoy cooking, so I'm aways looking for new recipes that use natural ingredients and not so much processed food. I'd be happy to share some of the recipes I've found .
  • dekahler
    Options
    I've also heard that the 2 key ingredients to kick starting your metabolism are fiber and lean protein.
  • CatherineAllen86
    Options
    I might go and get some protein powder after work then. I guess when I think about it, I don't really get any protein from my diet.

I'll give it a go!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I agree up your protein intake and cut some of those carbs. A protein drink made with half fruit juice half water has very few calories possibly around 100 and protein makes you feel fuller for longer.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough to sustain your weight.

At the weight you are at for your height, you should be almost eating maintenance calories and creating your deficit with exercise only.

You don't have a lot of fat to lose now. If you create too much of a deficit with your food, besides going into survival mode, your body is going to shed it's lean muscle too, which is not what you want. You want to keep muscle and lose the fat.

For the last few months you have more than likely been decreasing your lean muscle mass and adding body fat.