Purevia

Options
I can't get over how wonderful this calorie-free sugar is!

If anyone hasn't tried it, I highly recommend it! :smile: It's not only limited to health food stores either. :wink:

Replies

• Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    I can't get over how wonderful this calorie-free sugar is!

If anyone hasn't tried it, I highly recommend it! :smile: It's not only limited to health food stores either. :wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Where did you get it? :flowerforyou:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    If you can't find "Purevia" it is from the Stevia plant which you can find "stevia" in large grocery stores or health food stores. I like the Sweet Leaf brand. It is good stuff and good for you, too! :smile:
  • Shadowpaws
    Options
    Where did you get it? :flowerforyou:

Food Lion believe it or not!

I was just walking through the sugar aisle... was pleasantly surprised to find it after thinking I'd have to drive to Atlanta to get to the nearest health food store
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Is it better than splenda?
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Comparison Table
    Per teaspoon sugar PureVia™ Sugar Equal® Splenda® Sweet N Low®
    Calories 0 16 0 0 0
    Key Sweetening Ingredient Reb A (stevia leaf extract) Sugar Cane Aspartame Sucralose Saccharin
    Bulking Ingredients Erythritol, Isomaltulose Maltodextrin Maltodextrin Maltodextrin
    Natural/Artificial Natural Natural Artificial Artificial Artificial

The chart got all messed up! Line these up and you have the comparisons. Splenda is not a natural sweetner. This is.

www.purevia.com
  • Shadowpaws
    Options
    Splenda is made up of chemicals.

"Is sucralose (or SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener) natural?

Sucralose (or SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener), the high intensity sweetener used in the SPLENDA® Products is not natural. It is a no calorie sweetener that is made from a process that starts with sugar. Although sucralose has a structure like sugar and a sugar-like taste, it is not natural. The advertising and packaging for SPLENDA® Products do not represent the product as “natural.”" -splenda.com

As opposed to:

"What is PureVia™?

PureVia™ is an all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener derived from stevia, a plant native to South America. Its main sweetening ingredient is Reb A, a high-purity extract of the sweetest component of the stevia plant. The purity level of Reb A ensures that PureVia™ has a crisp, clean taste, without the bitter taste associated with many stevia products.

What are the ingredients in PureVia?

The main sweetening ingredient in PureVia™ is all-natural Reb A. It is blended with erythritol (found in fruits such as grapes and melons), isomaltulose (found in honey and sugar cane juice), cellulose powder, and natural flavors to create a sweetener with a clean, crisp taste.
    " -Purevia.com

Most importantly, I believe purevia and other stevia-based sweeteners would qualify as "clean" foods.
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I have been using Stevia for years in my fruit salads with plain yoghurt or in my morning steel cut oats and cranberries and fruit but I don't like it in my coffee or tea and would love to find a sugar substitute that does taste good in hot drinks. Maybe this Purevia would? I haven't seen it anywhere but will be looking. I really need to get off the Splenda.
  • Shadowpaws
    Options
    I have been using Stevia for years in my fruit salads with plain yoghurt or in my morning steel cut oats and cranberries and fruit but I don't like it in my coffee or tea and would love to find a sugar substitute that does taste good in hot drinks. Maybe this Purevia would? I haven't seen it anywhere but will be looking. I really need to get off the Splenda.

I just had some in some plain oatmeal with raisins. Tasted great! :happy: :heart:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    JUST STARTED USING THE LIQUID STEVIA IN COFFEE AND TEA AND IT'S OK. i WILL BE USED TO IT IN NO TIME. OFF THE SPLENDA NOW. PHEW!