Muscle weight

Options
Hi
This may sound like a stupid uqestion but I have no idea about these things!
I have gained 1 pound this week altohugh I dont feel like I should have,I have been exercising alot and pushed my self to the limit and my mscles are really sore and heavy;When they are like this can it cause you to weigh a bit more like as if they are swollen?
Thanks in advance for any answers xgx

Replies

• grag79
    grag79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bump xgx
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Probably just water retention, I don't think you would have gained a lb of muscle and not lose a lb of fat at the same time.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    To my understanding, your muscles tear when you work them. They cannot immediately be filled with new muscle tissue so instead they are filled with water to protect them from the strain. My thinking is yes, but I am not an expert on the subject.
  • grag79
    Options
    I was thinking the same that if they are sore could be swollen.It could be wishful thinking and I may have just gained a pound of fat :(.Will weigh again in a day or 2 and see if there is any change.Thanks xgx
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Your body retains water for repairs, so if you just increased your exercise routine, that would be the gained weight. While muscle does weigh more than fat, it's not that fast! ;)
  • grag79
    Options
    Your body retains water for repairs, so if you just increased your exercise routine, that would be the gained weight. While muscle does weigh more than fat, it's not that fast! ;)

I wasn't thinking it was muscle built that caused the weight more like it been swollen that would cause it then I was hoping the weight would be gone in a day or two xgx