Pay it forward - Random Acts of Kindness thread.

Options
2»

Replies

• BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    In my family we call these "Drive By Fruitings" and yes there is story behind it. Anyhoo, I have done the pay for a service persons meal (Military, Fire, Police) many times, I have also done the pay for the car behind me in the drive up (that was hilarious because the cashier looked at me like I had two heads). But two Drive by fruitings that I have done recently are:

1) Whenever I see a member of the military in uniform I always thank them for their service. It doesn't matter if they "went to war" or not. They are still serving to keep me and mine safe and I will always thank them for it. It usually brings a smile to their face.

and

2) A couple of weeks ago my husband and I were out to dinner and we noticed a mother with her three daughters sitting a few tables away. The older child was really upset because she wanted something and the mother told her no because they couldn't afford it. The daughter then said something to the effect of if daddy was still here, etc. (I wasn't eavesdropping the whole restaurant could hear). My heart broke when the mother said that she wished daddy was still there to but God had called him home so there was nothing she could do. After a brief discussion with my husband I went to the restroom and on my way back I asked the waiter to deliver the item the child wanted and dessert to the table, and the check to me. After we paid it and left the restaurant (the food I had ordered was being delivered when we left) we were walking around the mall and in a store I ran into the lady again. She pulled me aside and asked if I was the one to help her out. I told her yes and she thanked me but then asked why. I told her that daddy sent it and used me to deliver it. She just smiled and tears started to fall, She quickly explained her husband had died of cancer a couple of months ago and things were tight, she told me she could never repay me. I told her she didn’t have to, it was a gift from her husband and when she was able to to please give the gift to someone else. We exchanged numbers and talk all the time. By doing a drive by fruiting I was able to help someone else out and made a friend in the process.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    :heart: This
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    2) A couple of weeks ago my husband and I were out to dinner and we noticed a mother with her three daughters sitting a few tables away. The older child was really upset because she wanted something and the mother told her no because they couldn't afford it. The daughter then said something to the effect of if daddy was still here, etc. (I wasn't eavesdropping the whole restaurant could hear). My heart broke when the mother said that she wished daddy was still there to but God had called him home so there was nothing she could do. After a brief discussion with my husband I went to the restroom and on my way back I asked the waiter to deliver the item the child wanted and dessert to the table, and the check to me. After we paid it and left the restaurant (the food I had ordered was being delivered when we left) we were walking around the mall and in a store I ran into the lady again. She pulled me aside and asked if I was the one to help her out. I told her yes and she thanked me but then asked why. I told her that daddy sent it and used me to deliver it. She just smiled and tears started to fall, She quickly explained her husband had died of cancer a couple of months ago and things were tight, she told me she could never repay me. I told her she didn’t have to, it was a gift from her husband and when she was able to to please give the gift to someone else. We exchanged numbers and talk all the time. By doing a drive by fruiting I was able to help someone else out and made a friend in the process.

This made me almost cry. Great job!
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options

This made me almost cry. Great job!

I am crying! :) Love you for this!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    wow. that was powerful. try to be kind every day. i think i'll have to step up my game though!