Where'd my excitement go?

Options
Hey everybody.

I'm finding my motivation waning this week. Not sure what's going on. For about the past three days, I find my workouts more of a drudgery than a pleasure, and feel my drive to eat well sputtering a bit.... I'm worried. How do I get my enthusiasm back??!!

I really don't understand it. In my first month on MFP I lost 18 pounds!! But now I seem to be slipping into a constant ho-hum mood.

Help!

Replies

• jellobee
    Options
    I think that happens to a lot of people after the initial big loss. I know it happens with me. As far as working out, I find that I get unmotivated doing the same thing week after week. It's so boring. If I change it up a little, it's at least a little more interesting, and I don't watch the clock as much. I haven't worked out much this time around, but I have a dog, so I walk him for 15-30 minutes a day. It's not much, but it's more fun than a treadmill and it's good for him, too. Plus I am always amazed at the fact that he must pee on everything we pass. Food is the same way. I think we tend to get comfortable with the foods we know, so we can assume how much we are eating. Don't be afraid to try new things or eat what you want once in awhile. As long as you are within your calorie goal, and even if you're not once in awhile, you should be fine. Just think-in a few months, your weight will be down even further, and you will feel motivated to keep going. Look ahead.