Not getting it through to myself!!

Options
Ok I have been on my diet for a week or two now..My problem is getting too hungry and giving in therefore going over my calories!:grumble: I know I have to change this habit, but any suggestions on how???

Replies

• buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Ok I have been on my diet for a week or two now..My problem is getting too hungry and giving in therefore going over my calories!:grumble: I know I have to change this habit, but any suggestions on how???
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    if you need a snack eat some baby carrots or an apple with a tbsp of peanut butter. The fiber will help you hunger
  • MBH3
    MBH3 Posts: 30
    Options
    First, I make sure to eat a small snack btwn meals (i.e. apple, banana, orange, etc...) Second, I also find that drinking water helps to curb my hunger. Notice how I didn't say drinking water makes me feel full? I have never found that water subsitituted for food BUT I do notice when I have been drinking H20 throughout the day, I am less likely to overeat. Third, take a look at your eating patterns. I tend to get very hungry right before dinner time. So...I tend to snack while preparing dinner and by doing so, bring my calories over my limit. Now that I've recognized this pattern, I make sure to have a small healthy snack before I begin dinner. I also find it helps to chew gum and suck on a mint while cooking (I don't sample as much if I do this.) These are the things that have helped me. Good luck to you.

Marcy