Hi I am new here

Options
I recently lost 67 pounds thru a doctor. My husband went off of the diet and I feel I am going back to my old habits that is why I am joining. I am hoping I can make new friends that can get me thru this trying time. I need to lose another 41 pounds to get to my goal weight.

Replies

• swatkins49
    swatkins49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently lost 67 pounds thru a doctor. My husband went off of the diet and I feel I am going back to my old habits that is why I am joining. I am hoping I can make new friends that can get me thru this trying time. I need to lose another 41 pounds to get to my goal weight.
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Wow, congratulations to the two of you for getting healthy. That is a lot of weight for you both to lose. I wish you success in sticking to it. I know you will get a lot of encouragement here. Maybe your husband will join you online with his own account and goals and the two of you can continue with your success stories. Since you mention he is a supportive husband, maybe the two of you can sit down and write a list out of all the reasons to stay healthy and not gain back the weight. Maybe you have family you would like to stay healthy for, a lifestyle that works better without the weight, etc. When I see things written in black and white, it really helps me realize how important it is to stay healthy. Also, doing things together--walks, cooking healthy meals, dancing, all of that can help! :heart: ::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • swatkins49
    swatkins49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your suggestions. I hope to get my husband involved. :happy: I can't wait to get started again and have others to talk to who are going thru the same things.
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    congrads and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 67 pounds you've already lost!! That's AWESOME!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: Keep on keepin' on!!!