CAN CHOCOLATE BE THE SOLUTION?!

Options

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi, I still eat chocolate.... eating a small bar a day really isn't TOO bad as long as it doesn't become those family sized bars or a multipack or a box of the buggers

*I tend to eat a standard bar every few days
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am eating Xocai Mega Squares (dark chocolate with antioxidants) daily to satisfy that urge. I feel less guilty about it, the calories and sugar are in line, and supposedly they are good for you. Expensive, but worth it.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe that virtually all of the world's problems can be solved with chocolate... or coffee. Coffee's good, too. :wink:
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate or higher is actually good for you, has similar qualities to dark green leafy veg and contains fat which is good for hormones (males expecially) but all within your calorie goal of course. :happy:
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate especially Dark Chocolate...thanks to a friend ive been able to have my dark chocolate via Nature Valley Granola Thins Dark Chocolate its only 80 calories...but if im craving a brownie or chocolate chip cookie I will definitlely allow myself to endulge, just not over do it :wink:
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My diet is shaped around chocolate. I got a birthday cake from Cold Stone. 8 slices. 450 calories a slice.
    Had a piece every day and didn't go over my limit (when I was still counting calories).
    Devoured a chocolate muffin with chocolate chips yesterday. Had soup the rest of the day.
    I'm on the Chocolate diet. =D
  • ajmaccar
    ajmaccar Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My diet is shaped around chocolate. I got a birthday cake from Cold Stone. 8 slices. 450 calories a slice.
    Had a piece every day and didn't go over my limit (when I was still counting calories).
    Devoured a chocolate muffin with chocolate chips yesterday. Had soup the rest of the day.
    I'm on the Chocolate diet. =D
    Love it!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I made a deal with myself - I could have chocolate every day as long as it is dark chocolate. I figured that would keep me from craving it so much -- but nope! I crave it just the same, but one little square satisfies me waay more than if I were eating, say M&Ms...
  • jennmartin82
    Options
    I firmly believe that virtually all of the world's problems can be solved with chocolate... or coffee. Coffee's good, too. :wink:

Hahaha! :drinker:
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    One square of dark chocolate every day, or every other day, is an awesome dessert.

Especially when enjoyed with a small glass of red wine. It's one of my favorite ways to wind down in the evening. :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I actually heard on the radio, during my drive to work today, that a recent study showed that people who eat dessert right after breakfast lose weight quicker than people who don't do to the increase in metabolism. The amount of disinformation out there that is accepted as fact is mind blowing.
  • christina721
    Options
    someone posted on here to try the new Kellogg Krave cereal as a snack. It is AMAZING. I got the double chocolate and 3/4 of a cup is only 120 calories. Perfect afternoon snack when your sitting at your desk. Thanks to whoever posted that! I am not addicted to it!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bhahahaa.... definitely a vegetable.... LOL

Allow yourself some chocolate... Maybe freeze your favorite type then have a small bit of it and enjoy it slowly! Let it melt! Maybe with a glass of tea! Mmmmm... I want some chocolate now...

I get green & black's organic 70% cocoa and freeze it and only eat like three tiny squares at a time. One bar lasts me like two weeks or longer!
    what a great idea.......this might be a way for me to contol my portions when I am at maintenance thanks for that sounds COOL :smokin:
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It's amazing the way people will rationalize eating something so often.

You must be too male to understand chocolate. It's like...could you really give up watching sports?
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Throw in peanut butter and you have the trifecta!
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Being on a diet or watching what you eat, doesn't mean you have to stop living..if I want chocolate..I am going to have it..I work it into my calories for the day..if I don't have it then you can start to obsess about it..then totally give up..I want to live my life and enjoy my food!
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I eat 4 dark chocolate cranberries after lunch everyday. It helps control the sweet tooth in the evening. Works for me...
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It is for me today.......I've had 7 chocolates that I had left over from xmas
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    Well, chocolate comes from the cocoa bean so that makes it a vegetable, right? RIGHT?!?!?!
    yea that right.... good job u a teacher or somthin:smile:

No, but I'm married to one. :wink:
    yayaya thats cool does he know anything about ice cream or cheese cake. lolz:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Sure, calcium and protein. :wink:

LOVE IT!
    yea
  • Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    It is for me today.......I've had 7 chocolates that I had left over from xmas
    not good. lol just kidding thats great but are you sure they have nt expired lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz:laugh: