alternative to a sandwich for lunch?

I find that a salad or a soup don't fill me up enought to go on for more than 30 minutes most of the time...I am used to having a sandwich and carrotts for lunch....any of you know good FILLING alternatives? I'm trying to cut on carbs..

Thanks =)

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    A steak smothered in cheese. 0 carbs and filling :)
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Have you looked into the sprouted grain tortilla (no flour) products? Makes a great wrap, and very low glycemic index. Yum.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    What about left overs from night before... i.e - Roasted Veggies, a bit of brown rice or Quinoa and goats cheese!!
    YUMMMMM
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Have you looked into the sprouted grain tortilla (no flour) products? Makes a great wrap, and very low glycemic index. Yum.

I'd love to get my hands on that! :tongue:
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    some stuff i eat:

a can of tuna with relish, mustard, and avocado mixed in over baby spinach or with carrots
    Grilled chicken with broccoli
    A protein shake with whey, bananas, peanut butter and chocolate soy milk
    Egg whites with turkey and veggies

i don't see anything wrong with a sandwhich though. I eat 100 calorie sandwhich thins all the time. Just stick to whole wheat/whole grain. :)
  • Have you tried sandwhich thins or wraps? There is a good flat whole wheat wrap with only 80 or 90 calories and lots of fiber. The other thing you can do is up the protein content of your meal so you stay fuller longer.
  • jennbriere
    jennbriere Posts: 63 Member
    thanks everyone! good idea for the wraps..I'll need to go to the grocerie store and try and find some with less carbs/calories/sugars as possible!

My friend completely quit eating carbs: bread, patatoes and pasta and she lost 10lbs in a month...NOT EVEN GOING TO THE GYM!!

I love carbs though: bread & pasta....

I've been holding off on pasta (maybe one pasta dinner every 1-2 weeks), but I eat a lot of bread:

sandwich for lunch and often 6'' Subway for dinner...so I'd like to at least cut one of my two and I really like eating subway for dinner (I don't have a lot of time to cook) ..so cutting lunch it is for me! haha

As for the steak for lunch..I don't eat much red meat...I mostly eat chicken, but that's a good alternative; chicken wrap (if I can find a good wrap of course!!) haha
  • A coworker of mine uses big leaves of lettuce in place of flour based wraps, or wraps up vegetables and cheese with a slice of deli meat. It always looks delicious. I like boiled eggs on salad for lunch... low carb, and the eggs help fill you up.
  • healthy choice makes complete meals usually under 300 cals... and they taste yummy too. if you have a microwave try them :)