12000 calorie donut

Options
My food diary today shows breakfast....quick add 12000 calories...
No, I didn't REALLY eat 12000 calories for breakfast...but I had a McDonalds breakfast sandwich AND a donut so I felt like a PIG and FELT like I had eaten at least 12000 calories! What makes me do stupid things like that sometimes? Now I feel bloated, stuffed, miserable and like a failure. And yes I know tomorrow is a new day...heck lunch is a new meal even but today was baaaad!

Replies

• AngelaMarie1974
    Options
    Awe man, I completely understand how you feel. I've made the mistake in the past when working toward my goals to quit based on one single fumble such as this one. I think to myself "Awe heck, never mind, I can't do it anyway."

But later, as in a month or two, I realize "If I had stuck to my dieting, in spite of the one pitfall, I'd be so much closer to my goal right now rather than starting over and having even gained some back."

I encourage you to embrace the mistake and move forward as if it didn't even happen...Take a brisk walk if you can to help burn some of the calories.

Dieting isn't black and white...which is another lesson I am learning.

I am on try #2,842.5 to lose the 100lbs I have gained over the past 9 years since my ex-husband left me at 7 months pregnant, which was followed by a battle with breast cancer, a hysterectomy, and a slew of custody battles. I turned to food for comfort, and now, I realize I can't expect myself to just change overnight, in a week, or even a month. This will be years of re-learning and sometimes falling off the wagon too.

Hang in there...12000 calories is nothing in the big picture.
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awww, don't be discouraged! You have come so far!! I agree with Angela, if you can get out for a walk or do some sort of exercise you will feel better and want to eat healthier the rest of the day! Don't let one bad meal bring you down!

Congrats on all your success so far! Amazing! :)
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    WOW Angela...talk about putting things in perspective! Bless your heart! And not I'm not giving up but I feel pretty stupid to let the food get the best of me like that...and I can't believe how STUFFED & miserable I feel. Thanks all for the encouragement!