!!!#WARNING, WARNING!!!#

Options
BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
Eating at an "all you can eat" buffet, AND also attending a pot luck luncheon (with TONS of yummy desserts!) in the very same week, can really play HAVOC on you when it comes weigh in day!!! :grumble: :laugh:

Replies

• BrenNew
    Options
    Eating at an "all you can eat" buffet, AND also attending a pot luck luncheon (with TONS of yummy desserts!) in the very same week, can really play HAVOC on you when it comes weigh in day!!! :grumble: :laugh:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    But...was it good? If you're going to splurge, make it worth it!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options

Amen. I love the little smiley, where'd you find them??
  • BrenNew
    Options

OH YA, it was DEFINITELY sooooo worth it! ESPECIALLY the "make your own sundae", (on a dinner plate OF COURSE, since their little bowls just wouldn't have "cut it"!) followed by just about the YUMMIEST strawberry shortcake I think I've ever had! :love:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    This week can be a nutrition disaster...all the Easter candy lying in wait. Oh, no! The Chocolate Bunny is calling me........
  • BrenNew
    Options
    This week can be a nutrition disaster...all the Easter candy lying in wait. Oh, no! The Chocolate Bunny is calling me........

I don't have THAT worry, no kids around, so therefore, no chocolate!
    I'll just have Easter dinner to get through, which, depending on the desserts, could be a real killer! :love: :laugh:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    We are not buying any Easter candy, either. Our son and his wife are watching their calories, and we don't want to start our 17 month old Grandson on junk food. He LOVES fruit & veg!

Hope you survived the winter in New Hampsha. Our cousin lives in Lewiston and is ready for Spring!

BTW- We have a very nice thread going for those of us over 40 types. The heading is called "40+ Club".
  • BrenNew
    Options
    We are not buying any Easter candy, either. Our son and his wife are watching their calories, and we don't want to start our 17 month old Grandson on junk food. He LOVES fruit & veg!

Hope you survived the winter in New Hampsha. Our cousin lives in Lewiston and is ready for Spring!

I survived the NH winter just fine, thanks to a pretty good snowblower! :laugh:
    Our snow is almost gone now thank goodness. I'm feeling really bad for my best friend though. She moved to South Dakota a few years ago and they've gotten buried in several blizzards in the last few weeks! :noway:
  • blackmamba886
    blackmamba886 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

hehe me too! Where'd you get him?
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options

hehe me too! Where'd you get him?

http://d21c.com/walpurgis9/smileys.html
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Our kids get 1 chocolate, be it bunny or whatever, I go for the cute ones it takes my son longer to open it and actually eat it. He says it's too cute to eat lol. They also get a new spring outfit, and outdoor toys. Jump rope, bubbles, chalk, or new bike helmet depending on what he needs that year
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Some of that will be excess water weight from sodium.
    I can't eat buffets either. I have NO control over my eating when presented with unlimited amounts of food.
  • BrenNew
    Options

Some of that will be excess water weight from sodium.
    I can't eat buffets either. I have NO control over my eating when presented with unlimited amounts of food.

You and me BOTH! :laugh: I can be good as gold MOST of the time, but, NOT when those "unlimited foods" are right there for the taking! :laugh:
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it.

Christmas morning I weighed 198 lbs. After a big breakfast with my family, a large lunch with my boyfriend's family and then the traditional dinner with my family again I was laying on the floor I had eaten so much. December 26th I weighed myself again and I was 205! It took me until February to get that weight back off!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Tell me about it.

Christmas morning I weighed 198 lbs. After a big breakfast with my family, a large lunch with my boyfriend's family and then the traditional dinner with my family again I was laying on the floor I had eaten so much. December 26th I weighed myself again and I was 205! It took me until February to get that weight back off!

:laugh: Been there, done that! Now a days I'm smarter though! (I DON'T weigh myself the very next day!) :laugh:
  • lauri007
    lauri007 Posts: 16
    Options

I don't have THAT worry, no kids around, so therefore, no chocolate!
    I'll just have Easter dinner to get through, which, depending on the desserts, could be a real killer! :love: :laugh:

I have 8 yes 8 easter eggs in my cupboard yelling my name at the moment, 4 will be going to family and am pamling the other 4 off to the boyfriend :laugh: my son can't have chocolate! so hopefully i won't be indulging too much
  • plussizemommy
    Options
    We actually went to Golden Corral a few weeks ago and man was I worried!! But, I actually did okay. I'm not a huge sweet eater anyway so I was able to bypass the desserts all together. Got me a nice piece of steak, a baked sweet potato, some salad, and if I wanted anything bad for me, I literally only got a teaspoonful!
    That being said...at a pizza buffet...I sucked!! Omg, so many types of cheesy pizza..I couldn't say no!!:grumble:
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    We have to go to an all you can eat brunch on Easter... and it's with family that.... I don't always enjoy as much as I could. So I'll have to be very, very careful.

I'm so proud of my son this year - he asked me to tell the Easter Bunny that if it's all the same to him, he'd rather have something other than candy... on his list: Dumbells (a little larger than our current 2 pounders), a John Cena poster, a pocket knife and a case for his cell phone. I'm so proud!