Good time for Gym? AM or PM?

Options
2»

Replies

• bloodguilt
    Options
    For me, it doesn't really matter because I can workout either AM or PM. I work in the call center industry and we have shifting schedules routines so I always find a ways to hit the gym at least 5 times a week.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. I prefer the am it seems to keep me motivated all day. If I wait until later in the day I have a tendency to make excuses or get busy with other things.

enjoy, be healthy
  • melrose09
    Options
    For me, it's whenever my kid isn't napping :) Usually around 10am, but sometimes I have to push it to the early evening. I honestly feel like my runs are more successful in the evening, but my strength and acro feels more productive in the mornings. I have no idea why or if they actually are, but it fees that way :)

As long as you are going at some point, you are killin' it!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Go when you are able to perform at your best. The point is to be consistent as possible when you go.
  • loftus2005
    Options
    I agree with everyone here. I go a few times in the morning every week because I like to go Spinning. But I'd rather sleep and workout in the evening! My only suggestion is: get a heart rate monitor. I learned that the MFP data was way higher than what I was actually burning. Good luck!! :)
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm flexible, but I KNOW that if it gets too late in the afternoon/Evening I'm not going to go. I have a very flexible schedule so I try to make at either 9-11 or 1-3. I also try to judge the times when the cardio machines are available at the gym......I hate wasting time waiting.So in a nutshell anytime after 7 and before 4.
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    just go whenever you have time and you KNOW you wont be able to talk yourself out of going at that time.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    For me my time of day for working out (I have a home gym so I don't really have to "go" to it) is based on what I'm doing. I prefer cardio in the morning and lifting in the evenings. Not sure why.
  • ltinsley52974
    Options
    I love working out in the AM but my work schedule does not allow it. So I work out as soon as I get off. On the weekends, if I work out, I do it in the morning! It just makes you feel better throughout the day!
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Someone..please help! I definitely don't want to be going to the gym for "nothing" if you know what I mean... I'd like to get the most out of my gym time.

It's NEVER for nothing! Go whenever you can go, it will always get your heart moving and burn calories!
  • jennbriere
    jennbriere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone =)