Blueberry-Banana Bread

Options
chrissyh
chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
The all-purpose baking mix makes this moist, oat-spiked bread extra easy! From eatbetteramerica.
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:3 hr 20 min
makes:1 loaf (24 slices)

2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1 cup fresh blueberries or Cascadian Farm® organic frozen blueberries

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, oats, sugar, bananas, milk and eggs with wire whisk or fork until moistened. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen loaf. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375ºF. Decrease baking mix to 1 3/4 cups, sugar to 1/2 cup and bananas to 2/3 cup; stir 1/3 cup all-purpose flour into baking mix. Increase milk to 1/3 cup and eggs to 3.

Nutritional Information

1 Slice: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 2g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Replies

• chrissyh
    Options
    The all-purpose baking mix makes this moist, oat-spiked bread extra easy! From eatbetteramerica.
    Prep Time:15 min
    Start to Finish:3 hr 20 min
    makes:1 loaf (24 slices)

2 cups Bisquick Heart Smart® mix
    3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium)
    1/4 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 cup fresh blueberries or Cascadian Farm® organic frozen blueberries

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom only of 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
    2. In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, oats, sugar, bananas, milk and eggs with wire whisk or fork until moistened. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour into pan.
    3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen loaf. Remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
    High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Heat oven to 375ºF. Decrease baking mix to 1 3/4 cups, sugar to 1/2 cup and bananas to 2/3 cup; stir 1/3 cup all-purpose flour into baking mix. Increase milk to 1/3 cup and eggs to 3.

Nutritional Information

1 Slice: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g); Protein 2g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable Carbohydrate Choices: 1
    *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    YUM! I'm going to make that this weekend :happy:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I just made the Heart Smart Bisquik Pancakes 1/2 batch with a banana mashed a few strawberries - YUMMMY

1/2 batch made 6 pancakes or 2 servings
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I might try to use baking splenda with this recipe instead...

the extra ripe bananas might make it sweet enough without the added REAL sugar. That probably would cut the calories by a third or so..just a thought!
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    YUMMY!!!!! I think even the DH will like this one!
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yummy! :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy! :happy:
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I might try to use baking splenda with this recipe instead...

the extra ripe bananas might make it sweet enough without the added REAL sugar. That probably would cut the calories by a third or so..just a thought!

I'm not much of a baker (actually, I don't bake at all) but I don't use sugar or any substitutes. If you make this without the added sugar, please let me know how it comes out and I'll get my friend (who bakes all the time) to make this for me. Sounds really great!

Thanks for sharing