Starting a journey...the healthy way.

Options
Hi everybody, I am new to MFP and I thought I would give participating a shot instead of "lurking" in the background! I am 25 years old, 5'7" and currently 176 lbs (the heaviest by far I have ever been) I gained roughly 30 lbs while on Celexa a year or so ago, got off it once I realized what it was doing to my body and have not been able to get this weight off. I must say, i was hesitant to get dedicated to a fitness program out of fear...as a teenager I struggled with eating disorders and I never wanted to fall back into that again. Recently I have had some health issues and my Dr suggested cutting out carbohydrates for a period of time to see if that helps resolve severe acid reflux and other GI problems, so far, I think it has helped and it has also given me a "new pair of glasses" to start this weight loss journey. I want to be healthy and happy...this weight gain has took a drastic hit to my depression and social anxiety, nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in your own skin! I am looking forward to lose weight the good old fashion way- diet & excersize! Please feel free to add me :)

Cheers!