SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! - April 7th

Options
cp005e
cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
Let's see, April snow brings May... what?!? Yep, you read that right, Texans - we've got snow. Only a couple inches, but still. :noway:

Nice to see you back, Nicole. Good luck on your exam! MM, glad you are feeling better (even if you are eating more - I am sure getting back into your routine will help). V, sorry you aren't feeling better. I'm sure the stress of driving and presenting didn't help, but see what the doctor says. It's funny, I logged for the first time in a long time yesterday, and after exercise, I ended up hitting my calories pretty much right on by just eating when I was hungry. So maybe my hunger is, in fact, telling the truth. :laugh:

OK, my little vent for the day (since I missed the party last night) - I wanted to order an 'i did the hundred' t-shirt for when I finish the program. The one I liked was this one, but check out the sizing: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/moredetails.aspx?productNo=288151874&colorNo=4&pr=F&showbleed=false&tab=3

I just did my measurements today, and I'm about 39" around the chest. I measured from the middle of my neck to my shoulder and it was over 9". And I took one of my shorter shirts and the length was about 23.5". So, according to this - yup, I'm a 2XL. :mad: I mean, are you serious? I know I have a large frame (height, shoulders, ribcage), but my BMI is healthy. Most of my extra weight is actually not on my torso. I am used to have Ls and XLs fit me now. But it's still hard for me to see 2XL and not feel like it's some sort of judgment. Like I'm too freakishly large to wear their clothes. Sigh!

Alright, vent over. I still haven't decided if I'm going to order the shirt. The funny thing is, right now I'm wearing a sweater I just picked up on sale - and it's a medium. :laugh: I did my strength routine this morning, should get a walk after lunch, and today is yoga day when I get home. I can definitely use it!

Post-vent boogaloo! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cp005e
    Options
    Let's see, April snow brings May... what?!? Yep, you read that right, Texans - we've got snow. Only a couple inches, but still. :noway:

Nice to see you back, Nicole. Good luck on your exam! MM, glad you are feeling better (even if you are eating more - I am sure getting back into your routine will help). V, sorry you aren't feeling better. I'm sure the stress of driving and presenting didn't help, but see what the doctor says. It's funny, I logged for the first time in a long time yesterday, and after exercise, I ended up hitting my calories pretty much right on by just eating when I was hungry. So maybe my hunger is, in fact, telling the truth. :laugh:

OK, my little vent for the day (since I missed the party last night) - I wanted to order an 'i did the hundred' t-shirt for when I finish the program. The one I liked was this one, but check out the sizing: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/moredetails.aspx?productNo=288151874&colorNo=4&pr=F&showbleed=false&tab=3

I just did my measurements today, and I'm about 39" around the chest. I measured from the middle of my neck to my shoulder and it was over 9". And I took one of my shorter shirts and the length was about 23.5". So, according to this - yup, I'm a 2XL. :mad: I mean, are you serious? I know I have a large frame (height, shoulders, ribcage), but my BMI is healthy. Most of my extra weight is actually not on my torso. I am used to have Ls and XLs fit me now. But it's still hard for me to see 2XL and not feel like it's some sort of judgment. Like I'm too freakishly large to wear their clothes. Sigh!

Alright, vent over. I still haven't decided if I'm going to order the shirt. The funny thing is, right now I'm wearing a sweater I just picked up on sale - and it's a medium. :laugh: I did my strength routine this morning, should get a walk after lunch, and today is yoga day when I get home. I can definitely use it!

Post-vent boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    CP - I would go with your normal size. According to that chart I would wear a larger size, but I normally wear an 8-10 (medium). Some of those women's cut shirts run a little tight - which I hate.

MM - stop beating yourself up and stop judging yourself so harshly. If you are hungry, eat. There's nothing wrong with that. My mom always said, "if you are hungry, have a piece of fruit" - this was a test to see if you are really hungry or you are eating mindlessly. Remember exercise is something you do for your body - a gift for yourself and family - not something you make yourself do. My 2 cents worth.

Yesterday - I rode to the library but not to yoga. It was too cold - but it wasn't snowing or anything. Also did walk/jog at the gym. Today, who knows. Right now it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate for our ride on Saturday, so I really don't need to get the biking in. It's going to be a nice day though. If I'm biking on Sat, I need to do yoga today, if not, I'll be doing yoga on Sat. hmmm

Be good to yourself, boogaloo,

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Rest and fluids boogaloo!

Just came from the Doc, and he says it's:
    A. "still the parvo virus"(fifths), and to rest.
    B. the "achey flu that's going around" and to rest.
    C. Mono (I had a blood test) and to rest, possibly for a loooooong time. . .
    or
    D. Lupus (I had a blood test) and to await the blood test results and to rest. (this one's the scary one.)

So, the plan for the day is to rest.:tongue:

I'm trying to also think more positively today. (and every day for that matter. . .) I'm just a bit stuck in a lack of exercise endorphins/depression/malaise spiral. Also, for some bizarre reason, I think sick=lazy. (oh, I'm a weirdo. . .)

Take care of yourselves,:flowerforyou:
    v.

CP, sizes are out of control. My yoga teacher said to me last class "I mean, we're supposed to be warriors." (we were talking about body image and teeny tiny being the new ideal) So, order your shirt and don't worry. . .we're just warriors.:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Took Alex to tumbling class. I'm not autistic and I don't have any sensory issues like he does but it's way too overwhelming and crowded with two classes going on, and that's just for me! Alex is always smiling and says he loves class. I think I might try to find a different time next session. Otherwise it's great!
    CP, that style shirt runs small, like a junior size. Don't feel bad about the 2XL. It's just the style. Also those shirts do tend to shrink just a little so make sure you are getting one that is a little big. I don't think mine shrunk too much but other ones we had gotten before shrunk.
    V, you are in my thoughts and prayers today. I'm so sorry you are feeling so rotten. Do rest! You need it. Your body is telling you it needs it.
    I have something in the crockpot that smells so good! Usually when I have the crockpot going I tend to want to eat all day, but I will do my best today. I am trying to relax about the weight loss thing because stressing about it is only going to make it worse. Right now my son and his therapies and play time come first. If I can just stay away from the food and second helpings, and try to work out, then the weight will come off.
    Today is: tumbling - done!
    one helping of lunch
    drink water
    work with Alex
    Turbo Jam Burn session
    rest
    I'm hoping and praying my flu thing isn't turning into a sinus infection. It's just not going away.
    You all have a good day. I'll try to post later if I have time!
    MM
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Viv -- hope you feel better...take it easy on yourself!

I'm off to a core/ yoga class then to visit with my sister for the day.

Goals today:
    Keep eating under control while at my sister's place
    Go for a long walk with her
    Don't get so hungry that I overeat at night (last night's problem)
    Enjoy the day!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    So I went to weigh in today and my scale is broken... lovely. So I don't have a weigh in and I haven't been doing well already today. Good news is Im pretty sure I rocked my exam!

And it snowed here the other day too. I have sunburn from Sunday and it was snowing ... makes no sense at all... lol.

My goal today is to finish my reading assignment and drink all of my water. I also wanted to eat healthier but I killed that already although i would like to finish up the day well so we will see.

Nicole
  • cp005e
    Options
    CP, sizes are out of control. My yoga teacher said to me last class "I mean, we're supposed to be warriors." (we were talking about body image and teeny tiny being the new ideal) So, order your shirt and don't worry. . .we're just warriors.:wink:
    This reminds me of something I was saying to my husband over the weekend. We were at the pet store and after we went through the checkout, I picked up the 25lb bag of cat litter and carried it out of the store without giving it a second thought. My husband mentioned that the guy at the register gave him a look, like, 'You're letting *her* carry it?' My comment was, 'How much does your average 3 year old weigh? And would anybody be surprised to see me carrying one of those?' :huh:

V, get your rest. Sick does not equal lazy. You too, MM - take it easy if you need to! :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Sounds like we are getting a bit hard on ourselves again.....and we've already been told:wink:

Today

-Won't meet water goal but i'll be close
    -Exersised today
    -Said no to real cream cake
    wow:huh:
    -have enough cals for a snack pack after dinner , really like that little dessert at the end of the night
    -left work early again, guilt free:happy:

Tomorrow is weigh in.....we'll see. I've been averaging half a pound a week so I'll be happy with any loss

Rest up boogaloo

Anne
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my problem is! I'm pigging out all day! It's not like I am hungry. It's more like I just want something to chew or suck on at all times. Any ideas?
    MM
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I don't know what my problem is! I'm pigging out all day! It's not like I am hungry. It's more like I just want something to chew or suck on at all times. Any ideas?
    MM

Is your blood sugar in check today? Did you eat lots of carbs in the am or throughout today?
    Also when you have been sick your body can try to recoop by asking you for energy replenishment, it may feel you need more.

I'm sorry I have no ideas to help you say no though, I am not good at saying no which is why I have nothing enjoable in my house right now.
    Anne
  • cp005e
    Options
    MM

I tend to get that way when I am stressed or not feeling in control for some reason. You could always try gum. Or brush your teeth a lot, so you won't want to eat. Or just stick to carrot sticks or celery. :wink: