when going to the gym????

Options
With out a heart rate monitor or fancy machine to tell you how many calories a day you are burning, How do you acuratly find out how many calories you burn during a class? On the machines i can put my weight in and it tells me how many cals i burn but even they are very different from what mfp says. So when i do a 45 min aerobics and a 45 min calesthetics class how can i be sure the calorie count is right? I seem to hit a plateau months ago and i dont know how to fix it. Ive changed my routine, ive changed my food, ive upped cals, ive lowered cals, and still no results. Now im wondering if the calorie count is off and im eating to many. I have maintained over the past months but i still have 70+ to lose. Ive tried not eating any of my cals burned but i feel like im starving, ive tried to eat all of my calories but im to full, now im trying to eat half and im satisfied but i dont seem to be seeing any results. I kinda fell like goldie locks ha ha. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Replies

• bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    With out a heart rate monitor or fancy machine to tell you how many calories a day you are burning, How do you acuratly find out how many calories you burn during a class? On the machines i can put my weight in and it tells me how many cals i burn but even they are very different from what mfp says. So when i do a 45 min aerobics and a 45 min calesthetics class how can i be sure the calorie count is right? I seem to hit a plateau months ago and i dont know how to fix it. Ive changed my routine, ive changed my food, ive upped cals, ive lowered cals, and still no results. Now im wondering if the calorie count is off and im eating to many. I have maintained over the past months but i still have 70+ to lose. Ive tried not eating any of my cals burned but i feel like im starving, ive tried to eat all of my calories but im to full, now im trying to eat half and im satisfied but i dont seem to be seeing any results. I kinda fell like goldie locks ha ha. Any thoughts would be helpful.
  • jill2768
    jill2768 Posts: 2
    Options
    Reaching a plateau is common and normal. Don't lose your focus or motivation. Keep on doing what you are doing. Soon enough you will start losing the pounds. Make sure you are measuring your body. Scales don';t measure inches. You might see a big difference in inches. Good Luck!!!
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    perhaps a HRM would be a wise investment if you can swing it. I know I just ordered one, hope to get it next week. I figure since I have so much to lose it would be a worthy investment to help me keep on track.

with that said, plateaus happen. I would imagine you are losing inches even if the pounds arent coming off. Keep it up, and one of these mornings you will step on the scale and see it go down :flowerforyou: