fruit pizza?

Options
abbylove08
abbylove08 Posts: 215
so i was reading another thread about fruit pizzas, and now i want to make one.

what kind of things could be used as the crust? the other thread mentioned a cookie crust. what kind of cookie do yall think would be good?
any other alternatives for a "crust"?

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• abbylove08
    Options

what kind of things could be used as the crust? the other thread mentioned a cookie crust. what kind of cookie do yall think would be good?

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    you could try a reduced fat graham cracker crust.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Maybe just do the cookie, but make it as thin as you can. I'm going to want to make one for Easter now too! It is so yummy.

Just went online - google low cal fruit pizza and here's the recipe they had

Crust:
    1/2 cup flour
    1/4 cup margarine
    Mix together and pat into an 8x8 pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool.
    Filling:

3 oz. light cream cheese, softened
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1 lg. package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
    3 cup cold milk
    Beat cream cheese and sugar. Mix pudding and milk. Add cream cheese and beat. Spread on crust. Top with bananas, strawberries, grapes, etc.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I read this thread and it got me thinking I used to make fruit pizzas alot years ago so I went and found my recipe book and here is the recipe.

pillsbury cookie dough.

Spread on pan and bake 10-15 minutes.

Cool.

8 oz cream cheese
    1 cup powdered sugar
    4 0z cool whip.

Blend the above together and spread over cooled crust.

Top With assorted fruit (if using canned fruit dran and set on paper towel to remove liquid.

Glaze

1 samll jar of light colored preserves (apricot, peach)

In small sauce pan heat preserves with 2 TBLS of water. Heat until spreading consistency. Spread over fruit. (I never used the glaze, but the glaze is supposed to keep fresh fruit from turning brown)

I am thinking individual pizzas with sugar free sugar cookie for the base.
    Fat free or light cream cheese.
    Not sure if I would used splenda because I do not know if it would make a creamy spread or a gritty one. Light cool whip and skip the glaze.

I am getting hungry just thinking about this recipe.

Hope that helps:smile:
  • abbylove08
    Options
    anytime i mix splenda and cream cheese, it's never gritty! actually seems to mix pretty well; but i also will add some vanilla extract and some cool whip, so it may blend better because of that.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    could probably just use a pastry pie crust, but lay it flat.
  • Jillian
    Jillian Posts: 88
    Options

I just started using almond meal as a crust, like graham cracker crust, I love it!
  • Violet_Mist
    Options
    I love sugar cookie crusts!
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    just adding to my topics