Lemon Water

Options
2»

Replies

• delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    lemon water.. .yummy!

just be sure to rinse afterward... too much acid can erode your tooth enamel
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I don't know about cleansing, but it is very refreshing! I read somewhere that it helps to burn fat, which is probably a crock of poo, but if nothing else it made me drink more water since it tasted good.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I drink a whole squeezed lemon in 32oz of water before breakfast every morning.

I don't do it for any crazy extreme weight loss reasons, though I have researched and found where lemon water does cleanse the liver. I drink it because it's a great source cold fighting goodness, it is a high alkaline food, therefore assists the body with staying at a healthy ph, this keeps the dreaded "C" (cancer) from being able to form and grow, and it just makes me feel generally better when I do it.

If I find I'm bloated, from a higher salt day, lemon is a great diuretic, MUCH better than popping a pill to move the water retention in the body.

And as for the "body cleansing itself" comment, originally our bodies were designed to cleanse, however with all the additives, chemicals and toxins that we take in today, our bodies are not able to take care of it all, it if were there would be no colds, flu, cancer or other diseases.

Drink away, I say.....it certainly can't hurt! :drinker:
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

I don't do it for any crazy extreme weight loss reasons, though I have researched and found where lemon water does cleanse the liver. I drink it because it's a great source cold fighting goodness, it is a high alkaline food, therefore assists the body with staying at a healthy ph, this keeps the dreaded "C" (cancer) from being able to form and grow, and it just makes me feel generally better when I do it.

If I find I'm bloated, from a higher salt day, lemon is a great diuretic, MUCH better than popping a pill to move the water retention in the body.

And as for the "body cleansing itself" comment, originally our bodies were designed to cleanse, however with all the additives, chemicals and toxins that we take in today, our bodies are not able to take care of it all, it if were there would be no colds, flu, cancer or other diseases.

This has confused me. Lemon is an acid, not alkaline surely?
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options

Yes they are acidic when you eat them, but they leave an alkaline ash and they alkalize the blood. If you read The Ph Miracle you will see pictures of what your blood looks like after an alkaline meal and after an acidic meal. After an acidic meal your blood will look clumpy and sometimes even oily looking. Alkaline blood looks perfect with not clumps.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

Yes they are acidic when you eat them, but they leave an alkaline ash and they alkalize the blood. If you read The Ph Miracle you will see pictures of what your blood looks like after an alkaline meal and after an acidic meal. After an acidic meal your blood will look clumpy and sometimes even oily looking. Alkaline blood looks perfect with not clumps.

yes, what mello said. lemons are acid, but cause an alkalizing affect in the body... lemon juice will ruin your teeth over time, so, rinse n brush often :smile:
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    This is why I like MFP. Always learning

Cheers!