Any advice? Gained a lb this week :(

Options
I don't know how it happened, but I gained a lb this week.. I'm 5'8" ...

My journey has gone like this so far:

Jan 1 - 140.0 lbs
Jan 9 - 136.9
Jan 16 - 135.5
Jan 19 - 135.5
Jan 23 - 136.4
Jan 31 - 135.2
Feb 8 - 136.5

I seem to just be yo-yo-ing around 135-136!! I've exercised 26 out of the past 39 days, and 5 of the days missed were during a week when I had the flu so I could only work out twice. When I exercise I have been doing TurboFire and once in a while (ish once a week) I'll do a toning session (you know, push ups crunches squats etc).

I never go over my calories with the exception of 1 time, and I'm careful about eating healthy, whole foods.

The weight just doesn't seem to be coming off :( I've lost a total of ~1.25 inches at the smallest point of my waist, so I know that changes are happening, and my legs don't touch anymore when I stand straight.. but it's just the point that I want the lbs to drop!!!! I definitely feel stronger, workouts are going better.. maybe I'm building some muscle?

Any one else experience the same thing? I don't think it's a plateau because it's only been a month, but it's been disheartening :(

7618750.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Time of the month?

Sodium?

Constipation?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,968 Member
    Options
    5'8" and 136 lbs........................keep working out and don't worry about the scale.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    It looks like you're pretty close (within 10 lbs) of your goal weight. At this point, the weight is generally going to come off pretty slowly. Don't be discouraged - as long as you're eating healthy and staying in a calorie deficit (and exercise is a bonus!), you WILL lose the weight.. you just have to be patient :)
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you guys are right. It's just frustrating! But I'm sure other people have been there.

@ pinkearthmama - I don't think so to any of those things ... I don't actually have a time of the month bc I have an IUD, but I think there still tends to be a week where I'm a little bit "off" and I think it was last week.

@neanderthin - thanks, that's good advice. I suppose I really do just want to be toned, it's just hard not to care what the scale says!

@kateroot - you're right, my goal is around 130, preferably more like 125-130. But then again, the last time I weighed that much, I ranged between 127-132 depending on the day, but I did not have any muscles, I was just thin. So maybe with some toning I will weigh a little more but look better? I can only hope. And thanks, that's good advice, the weight probably will come off very slowly. I'm so impatient!! haha

It's been a stressful few months bc I'm waiting to hear back from Grad Schools, so maybe that has made it more difficult to lose?

7618750.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods