How long did the last 10-15 lbs take for YOU?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I think how long it takes for those last 10-15 pounds really depends on what your "goal" weight is.

If your goal weight is much lower than your body wants to be, it will take longer...for instance, my goal weight is around a 20 BMI. While this is a healthy BMI, I know it's going to take awhile to get there since it's on the lower end of the spectrum. If my goal weight was say, 23 or 24 BMI, I think the weight would drop off quicker.

I definitely agree with this. For my height, I already have a bmi of about 22 but I want to go lower, so I guess I have to accept that it may take me several more months to lose these pesky 8lbs!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    How long? TOO LONG!! I know my body wants to make sure that I really want to lose more, but I really do. I lost 1.5 pounds in January which was really frustrating. But, I also lost 4 inches in January which was pretty nice. I'm thinking about doing more zigzagging and going to maintenance level for a month or so. I'm also considering changing my goals to be more about my clothes size instead of the scale. That might help.
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started back in the beginning of January. I was 152. Im 142 now. It took me about 5 weeks. I burn about 600-800 calories a day. I log everything i do, from my treadmill workouts, cleaning, cooking prep, everything. I drink about 8-10 glasses of water a day. I stopped eating junk food, including fast food, and i do portion control. I have 1 cheat meal a week and i workout 7 days. I maybe dont do as big of a burn sat. or sun., but, for me, i find my workouts keep me on track. I feel guilty if i miss a day, so i try not to. Maybe my way isnt the way for everyone, but, its been working for me. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • madC6
    madC6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Down to 13 lbs lost as of this morning, took me 51 days to do so at a target of 1,400 calores per day. I typically burn between 700 - 900 calories a day working out and my norm is 4 days working out then one day off. Rinse and repeat.
  • amandaruiz2011
    Options
    took me 4 weeks to lose 12
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!