C25k and 30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Amanda0325
    Amanda0325 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    For those of you who aren't my friend on MFP i had an NSV on Saturday!! Ran @ 5 mph for 40 minutes!! 3.60 miles in 45 minutes... Looks like I am going to be okay for the 5k on 3/24!!.. So buy buy c25k "program" i'll be running my 5k three times a week now :).. starting the dreaded shred today.. Happy Monday!
  • lyoung0216
    Options
    Just started the 30DS on Friday, but then didn't do day two or three yet....so I'll restart that today! Going to try and add the C25K today, heard its a great way to get started or back into running. Currently I've being doing about a mile a few times a week, but it's a struggle and I'd like to be able to enjoy it more.
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Just started the 30DS on Friday, but then didn't do day two or three yet....so I'll restart that today! Going to try and add the C25K today, heard its a great way to get started or back into running. Currently I've being doing about a mile a few times a week, but it's a struggle and I'd like to be able to enjoy it more.

welcome!
  • 1jeaniebeanie
    1jeaniebeanie Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've done C25K before and I started 30 day Shred yesterday. How do you do them together? Do you still do 30 day shred everyday and add in the 3 days of C25K? Or do you substitute 3 days of 30 day shred with 3 days of C25K?

C25K is the couch potato to 5K plan. Google it and it has a 9 week program designed to take you from no running to your first 5K.
    I do the C25k three times per week and then I do the 30ds at least 5 times per week. On the days I don't have the c25k I do any other type of cardio I can find for 30 mins. I started week 8 today... On the c25k... Still doing good! It is very exciting for me to run that far at one time.. I never have made it this far on this program. Currently running 28 mins...
    Any suggestions on an additional apps that will help me increase my speed??? I have a 5k in late April, so I'm trying to keep running up until then so u don't lose my ability...
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    So how is everyone doing? Did my first night of shred yesterday and I'm so sore! lol... i have to run today then shred after.. Let everyone know how that goes!
  • I started C25K lastnight and im waiting on my 30 day shred to come in the mail ... should come in today! I plan on doing both!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started both yesterday and have started a blog to keep myself accountable and also to give everyone a review of the results of doing both together! Not going to lie, only day 2 and i'm finding it pretty difficult, but im determined to plough on :)

14580293.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For those of you who aren't my friend on MFP i had an NSV on Saturday!! Ran @ 5 mph for 40 minutes!! 3.60 miles in 45 minutes... Looks like I am going to be okay for the 5k on 3/24!!.. So buy buy c25k "program" i'll be running my 5k three times a week now :).. starting the dreaded shred today.. Happy Monday!

Great job Amanda! Btw, you will love the shred. :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options

thanks.. it hurts but i like it already!... i meant bye bye.. wow retard moment lol
  • cndrlla
    Options
    I started both yesterday and have started a blog to keep myself accountable and also to give everyone a review of the results of doing both together! Not going to lie, only day 2 and i'm finding it pretty difficult, but im determined to plough on :)

14580293.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

The first two days were hard for me too, but day three was better for me because I already felt the increase in stamina.
  • cndrlla
    Options

thanks.. it hurts but i like it already!... i meant bye bye.. wow retard moment lol

I knew what you meant lol
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I will get started with both after work. We had a weather scare in Memphis so I couldn't get to the gym, but I'm all over it tonight. Congrats to those who have been able to do both so far.
  • cndrlla
    Options
    I had a setback and couldn't do Day 8 until tonight... even after 5 days w/o doing the shred, I did not lack in the endurance department. So happy with tonight's results! :)
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    I ran my 40 minutes.... total of 50 minutes after cool down 3.85 miles almost didn't make 10 minutes cause my legs and calves are so sore from the 1st day of shred.... and I did the shred after.. did all strength movements and abs.. only some cardio cause i already ran so much and my legs are so sore i couldn't do any of the lunges or squats :(.. I'll be doing the shred tonight after work... my legs are so sore though! I might have to stick to upper body/abs/and cardio moves again... hopefully they will start to adapt... HAPPY SHREDING EVERYONE!
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I just restarted 30 day shred today I am hoping I keep it up and I will do C25K starting Friday afternoon, already sore so I will definitely have to work a little harder to get the soreness out.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I actually was going to start C25k again today but I am currently on round 2 of 30 DS! Feel free to add me always looking for support!

Deciding since I wasnt loosing as much as I wanted I needed to add running back into my routine to give me and extra boost!

we'll see what happens...

Havppy Shredding!!!
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Fantastic! I actually was going to start C25k again today but I am currently on round 2 of 30 DS! Feel free to add me always looking for support!

Deciding since I wasnt loosing as much as I wanted I needed to add running back into my routine to give me and extra boost!

we'll see what happens...

Havppy Shredding!!!

My legs are so sore i almost fall everytime i stand up from my office chair lol
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Happy Thursday! Today is my running and shred day.. I pulled something in my right calf at some point between Tuesday or my work out last night.. iced it and took some ibprofin right after my work out so going to try to trudge through tonight... they are def right.. if you can push through day 3 it gets better.. i was sooo sore last night but i worked out and actually feel better this morning! How's everyone else doing?
  • Amanda0325
    Options
    Buler? Buler? BULER?
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Tuesday-completed L1D1 of C25k and 1 day of 30 Day Shred
    Wednesday- completed 2nd day of 30 Day shred
    Gotta hit the gym tonight for L1D2 of C25k!!!!