How is this possible??

Options
To date I have lost 18 lbs. The first 10 lbs came off in the first 2 weeks, and then the rest over the past 5 weeks. How is it possible that my clothes still don't seem to be any looser??

Replies

• Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To date I have lost 18 lbs. The first 10 lbs came off in the first 2 weeks, and then the rest over the past 5 weeks. How is it possible that my clothes still don't seem to be any looser??
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    what is your calorie intake like? If you consume under your net calories, then it's muscle you lost and retained the fat.

Need more info on what your doing.

What you eat during the day
    What is your calorie intake from day to day
    Exercise, strentgh training?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    maybe the weight loss is all in your "head"?

:laugh: kidding...I have no idea....did your dryer get hotter?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

:laugh:

Sorry that was kinda funny.

Maybe your losing the weight in other areas that we don't normally associate with our clothing size? Normally our clothes feel loser when we lose weight in around our midsection, maybe your weight is coming off somewhere else? Have you taken any measurements?
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Maybe your losing the weight in other areas that we don't normally associate with our clothing size? Normally our clothes feel loser when we lose weight in around our midsection, maybe your weight is coming off somewhere else? Have you taken any measurements?

I agree with the measurements. I measure about twice a month. I can sometimes not lose weight but have lost inches and vice versa. I measure and keep track on a computer program that adds my total inches then as I put my new ones in, it tells me whether I have gained or lost inches since the last time.
  • Dedicated
    Options
    what is your calorie intake like? If you consume under your net calories, then it's muscle you lost and retained the fat.

Need more info on what your doing.

What you eat during the day
    What is your calorie intake from day to day
    Exercise, strentgh training?

On average my calorie intake is about 1200 + some or all of exercise calories. I have been doing the couch 2 5k program (running intervals) 3x/day week for 25 minutes followed by 35 minutes of brisk walking. Also 1 day a week I do 45 min of full body strength training, and a couple days a week I do push-ups and 7 min abs.
  • Dedicated
    Options

LOL, I feel that way! My scale is agreeing with what's in my head though :)
  • Dedicated
    Options

About a week after I started I took measurements of my waist and thighs, but nothing else. After a month I remeasured and had lost about an inch off each, and also took measurements of my arms, calves, hips, bust. That was 03/17 I believe, so I want to wait another week to remeasure (I'm trying to limit myself to once a month).
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    An inch off each in a month is great!

And I agree about limiting the measuring to once a month.
    :wink: