What exercise can I do with a sprained ankle??

Options
Last night I was letting my three dogs out, when one yanked so hard my ankle rolled and I did a superman into the pavement. I'm all scratched up and my ankle is swollen and hurts pretty bad. What can I do for exercise, and does anyone know how long it will take for my ankle to heal?? I have been working so hard on the couch to 5k program, and I feel that this is going to reverse all the work I have done :(

Replies

• Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Last night I was letting my three dogs out, when one yanked so hard my ankle rolled and I did a superman into the pavement. I'm all scratched up and my ankle is swollen and hurts pretty bad. What can I do for exercise, and does anyone know how long it will take for my ankle to heal?? I have been working so hard on the couch to 5k program, and I feel that this is going to reverse all the work I have done :(
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Do core workouts to keep your middle strong. That will help with the 5k program too.
  • sallyomally333
    Options
    If you have a local pool you can use, there are many options! I often swim laps and also do water aerobics or deep water running! No stress on your ankle and it burns tons of calories!