Looking for a Zumba song...

Options
There is a dance i absolutely love in Zumba. I believe it is a Brazilian song, and the moves are kinda cat like. (the song is kinda a cross between samba and reggaeton)
I have no idea what the words are other than the guys saying: "Kraaaauuuuuuuuuu" where you squat, bend your body over, then rotate to the other side putting your "claws up" like a cat (or Lady Gaga). Towards the end, the beat speeds up and the "krauu" gets remixed like its skipping ("kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kra-kraaauuu") and you do the little football squat running thing backwards.
Blah- I feel like this isn't a very good description, but i can't think of any other way to describe it. :-/

I have been all over youtube looking for the song- the dance cracks me up. I am getting frustrated that I can't find it

Anyone know what song I am talking about?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like anything on the DVD. Did you hear on a game or in a class?
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you're talking about. It's on the Zumba dvd but it's on Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set. I believe it's on the live dvd that is in the set. Shoot me an email as a reminder. I will look at my dvd and see if they mention the name of the song.

If you don't want to wait, you can always go to Amazon and look for the following cds or mp3s, Amazon will play a sample of each song.

-Party Nation: World Music
    -Vibe Tribe

Don't bother with the Exhilerate cds it isn't on there.
  • kfue
    kfue Posts: 17
    Options
    It's from the class- I'm not sure if it's on any of the DVDs.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It's from the class- I'm not sure if it's on any of the DVDs.

ask your instructor. all of them do different routines to different songs.
  • jcnjsgurl
    jcnjsgurl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I did the dvd today and saw what I thought was the dance move (which could be used on any song) but the song didn't really match your description and the only listing I saw for the song I was listening to said it was an African Carribean Rhythm. The name of the song wasn't listed. Sorry.
  • ZumbaJessie
    Options
    If you are still looking for this song I teach it in my Zumba class....it's called "Velocidade 6" by Mulher Melancia.