Carb Cycling

Options
Hey everyone, who all is carb cycling? Lots of people on my team are doing it and I wanted to get other opinions on it?? For those of you on low carbs, how many carbs do you intake a day? I was averaging around 500ish I think, now I'm trying to do 200 or less.

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    My carb cycling routine generally meant consuming mostly carbs for 2 days in a caloric surplus of around 5000 total calories with about 60% carbs. During the other 5 days I was consuming around 1500 calories with about 25% carbs. This lasted for 8 weeks and dropped 14 lbs and basically got rid of a lot of body fat while maintaining my muscle mass. Went from a 36 waist to 32, which I never thought I'd see again, lol. BTW you have to lift very heavy during this time.
  • zakkthebear
    zakkthebear Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    the idea behind this is ketosis, and depending on your activity level, 200 can be high carb or low carb.

for me, keeping my carbs under 125 net carbs works, but I do a lot of cardio and burn 900-1100 kcal per workout, am male,180+lbs of LBM, etc.

What will work for you will be different, but I can tell you with 98% certainty that 200g of carbs is too much.
  • InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks, 200g is a HUGE cut for me for now, I don't need to lose any weight, just get rid of my little post baby fat on my belly. I think going from 500g to 200 is good breakdown for now as I am slowly working on it