Zumba...

Options
Sorry if this has been asked loads of times..... but Zumba is not listed in the excersises, so what would you list it as? I have been putting it as aerobic general...

Thanks

Replies

• LucyLehman
    Options
    Hi - I teach Zumba Fitness classes. You can create your own exercise category called, Zumba Basic, which is considered cardio vs resistance training. Zumba Toning is a mix but still mostly cardio. I have recorded my heart rate data and find that the calories burned are over 500 for a one hour class, and as high as 700. It depends on your fitness level, of course, but you would be safe to record at least 500 calories if you are working hard ( sweating! ) in your class!
  • horsemadami
    Options
    Thanks, added excersise, with the info given....oh yes I was sweating and working hard....had to open the window to cool down and its snowing outside and didn't even feel the cold!! lol
  • mamahales
    Options
    Thank you! I've been doing Zumba for 6months now and have added the shakers to the class for more 'burn', I'm the only on in the class that brings them lol

could I add more calories burned with using them do you think or just up it to 700?
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    You can estimate your calories burned during the amount of time you did Zumba by either getting a heart rate monitor or going to zumbacalories.com.... I did the latter for now.