WANTED: Shamrock Shake Alternative!!

Options
Word on the street is that Shamrock Shakes are already back at McDonald's nationwide...!! I always have MAD cravings for these things as soon as I know they're available, they're one of my all-time faves. I am afraid I'm going to sabotage myself!!

Does anyone have a healthy-ish recipe that could adequately sub for one of these bad boys?? If you do, please share, and my scale & I will both thank you!! :bigsmile:

(I know that it's generally going to involve mint flavoring,and probably vanilla frozen yogurt... but as far as quantities of each and/or any secret ingredients, I have no clue! lol)

Replies

• oharabears
    Options
    1 C vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    1 frozen banana (frozen makes it thick, like a shake)
    1 C Spinach (I promise you won't taste it!!)
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    1 t. mint extract

Blend together. If you want it thicker, you can add in some ice cubes, but it's pretty thick this way!

Slainte!!

: )
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry girl website she has a lower caloried version that taste pretty good, its not actually healthy but, it does have alot lower calories and fat than Mc D's
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Check out Hungry girl website she has a lower caloried version that taste pretty good, its not actually healthy but, it does have alot lower calories and fat than Mc D's

Thanks for this! Probably won't be anywhere near as awesome as the real thing, but worth a try.