polar 4 vs polar 7

Options
need a new hrm who has a ploar and which one do you think is better and why?

Replies

• Marina614
    Marina614 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 it is AWESOME! So easy to use and set up and it is high quality made HRCAL Monitor.
  • litljoy2001
    Options
    do you use a chest strap?
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I also have Polar 4T - :love: love it and yes it has a chest strap!! (can't comment on polar 7) :flowerforyou:
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump...shopping for an HRM too.
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    I also have Polar 4T - :love: love it and yes it has a chest strap!! (can't comment on polar 7) :flowerforyou:
    I purchased mine threw bodytronics.com and used promo code POPO and got it for only $58.79 includes free shipping - best price out there!! I swear by it, counts calories,times work outs, heart rate etc. - very easy to use, chest strap is very comfortable (don't even know it's on -:tongue: ), I have noticed a HUGE differnece in "actual" calories burned compared to what MPF says if you use there settings - worth the money!!:love:
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. It's ok. Very, very basic. If I was going to purchase one again, I would go with one with a little more bells and whistles.

Tracks calories and heart rate. Keeps track of past work outs.

I don't know anything about the FT7 though.
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4. BeckyJill is right - super basic, but that's what attracted me to it. I'm a bit of a technophobe (still got a flip phone!) that is easily overwhelmed by bells and whistles.

BPM-wise, it's super accurate. It was really easy to set up, too.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I think there are just 3 differences between the 4 & the 7. The 7 can recall 100 workout summaries or so compared to just the handful that the 4 can store. The FT7 has a "fat burn" vs. "fitness" mode indicator to tell you (based on heart range) which mode you are currently working out in. 3) You can program the FT7 to help you stay within a heart rate range while working out...for instance, if you want to stay below 140 you program it for that and the watch will beep and tell you when you are exceeding the 140 range you are trying to maintain.

Other than those 3 differences (which pretty much all 3 are unnecessary) the models are near the same. I bought my FT7 on Amazon for around $70 free shipping. I've seen FT4's range from $50-80 on Amazon and FT7's from $70-100. Just have to purchase at the right time.

I really like my Polar. Its basic, easy to use, has easy functionality, and works well for counting calories burned and monitoring heart rate. I wear it for all cardio exercising but particularly running.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    im a FT7 user the FT4 isnt much different tis when you start stepping into the FT40s that you get big difference in features
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I just got my FT4 today. Here is the info it gives you.

date and time of workout
    duration of workout in minutes
    total calories
    average heart rate
    maximum heart rate
    time in workout zone

During the workout you have several screens you can look at

calories
    heart rate
    in zone graph
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Since I bought mine from Bodytronics, I have not seen their ad on the web. Buy from them, they are the cheapest. Use promo code POPO.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the promo code. I just bought new polar monitors for my husband and I . He is the techie so I got him the F7 and f4 for myself. He is deployed and heavily working out right now. He will love it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lvaswegen
    lvaswegen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where could I buy Polar FT 7 at good price for delivery in Australia
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

There is a great seller on ebay that I got my FT60 from http://myworld.ebay.com.au/sportmonitors/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I picked mine up from them cause they were local. Great guy in the store.
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I bought mine off Amazon.co.uk. they shipped it no problem x
  • tinastanley
    tinastanley Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I also have the 7. I love it! When I started using it last Dec my weight came off easier. I was over estimating my cals burned and now with my HRM i know exactly what i've burned. It is easy to use and got excellent reviews. You can check it ot here... http://www.consumersearch.com/search/reviews/POLAR FT7. I got mine at bodytronics.com.

Good Luck on your search. I think you will be very happy with your purchase if you choose 7.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options

date and time of workout
    total calories
    average heart rate
    maximum heart rate
    time in workout zone

calories
    heart rate
    in zone graph

Quick question, can you only see calories burned during the exercise? Does it not store this info for later?
    Oh and also, can you wear the chest strap all day to calculate TDEE or will it not really work for this purpose?
  • JamirahMUA
    JamirahMUA Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have an ft7 and i love it! I got it on Ebay for 63$. you can input your age, height, and weight with it...which will give you a more accurate calorie burn. I don't think the ft4 has this feature so the cals might be a little off. You shouldn't wear the chest strap all day with any hrm. I believe that would be a fit bit or body bug. HTH!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

date and time of workout
    total calories
    average heart rate
    maximum heart rate
    time in workout zone

calories
    heart rate
    in zone graph

Quick question, can you only see calories burned during the exercise? Does it not store this info for later?
    Oh and also, can you wear the chest strap all day to calculate TDEE or will it not really work for this purpose?
    If I remember correctly the FT4 saves 9 workouts and the FT7 saves 99 and you can purchase an extra deal to download your workouts with the FT7.
    Since I bought mine from Bodytronics, I have not seen their ad on the web. Buy from them, they are the cheapest. Use promo code POPO.
    agreed!

Bodytronics is an awesome site where you get free shipping, the best price for either your FT7 ($72.88)
    or FT4 ($61.88), which ever you pick out on that site the price is so close you might as well purchase the FT7.

http://www.bodytronics.com/c/polar_ft_series_heart_rate_monitors code POPO for discount