A Fitbit

Options
I saw an ad for something called a fitbit when I was reading a magazine waiting for my sister to get out of the dentist's office. It seemed pretty cool so I looked it up online. It seems small (therefore inconspicuous) enough and it can sync up with MFP. So, my question is this: what have you guys heard about it? Is it worth $99? Or is it just trying to play people for fools?

Replies

• oharabears
    Options
    I LOVE mine!! It's like "a pedometer on steroids" that will track your activity throughout the day. Gives you goals to work up to. It's very motivating, and really opened my eyes to how much I DON'T move during my day! My daughter and my son's girlfriend each have one and we're "friends", so we can see each other's progress. Synchs well with MFP!
  • bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do you find it easy to use? And what's the deal with the flower?
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    I love mine, too. It's super easy to use -- even moreso than most non-internet connected pedometers. I love the historical graphs on the website (it's cool to see correlations between diet, sleep, and activity levels)... and also the leader-boards. I already gifted one to a friend so we could 'compete' with our daily steps. Great fun!

The flower is an optional display that basically just provides a quick visual of your activity level for the last 30 minutes. The more active you are, the taller the flower is. I don't find it particularly helpful, but I suppose it could potentially be a good motivator.