Zumba still Challenging?

Options
I have been going to Zumba classes (as well as lots of other Cardio Classes) for the past two months. I've found that as I'm getting more fit, my Zumba classes are starting to feel really easy and I barely break a sweat anymore. Am I still burning good calories like before or do I need to move on to more challenging cardio workouts? I also do spinning and Turbo Kickboxing which both really give me a great workout, but I don't enjoy them nearly as much as I enjoy Zumba. I really don't want to move on from Zumba, but if its nots working for me anymore I don't want to short change myself. Help!

Replies

• susie_cutie
    Options
    Maybe you should consider switching instructors or gym clubs for other Zumba classes which may carry other routines. Also you may want to try the DVD at home or check out some online zumba classes where you have many Zumba classes to choose from, I did that for a while and hooked up my laptop to my tv and enjoyed different zumba workouts. If you want the online free website message me separately plz. Good luck!!
  • clarkie57
    clarkie57 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I AM A big fan of Zumba too, but as someone else posted you might have to switch it up. Different instructors have different routines that might work different parts of your body. Have you tried finding any Master classes in your area? Those are generally 90 minutes to 2 hours long!! I might also try incorporating some weights into your routine as well, they do have ZUMBA tone classes that incorporate them. Check out the official Zumba website to find a class nearby.
    I am thinking about becoming and instructor, i am SO addicted!!!