Convict Conditioning - Anyone Trying it?

Options
Anyone out their trying this exercise program? I started last week as an home add on to my weekly boot camp workouts. I didn't think it would be that tough with 2 exercises a day but the tempo and the focus you need can really work you pretty hard. Any other thoughts?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Does it involve fighting off an attempted gang rape?
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Explain it to me?
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

If you don't do enough push-ups, you get stabbed in the neck with a sharpened tooth brush...
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It was written by an ex-con (Paul Wade) who took what he learned in prison and created a progression of 6 body weight exercises. Each exercise has 10 steps / progressions to go through to get to the "master". For example push ups start with wall push ups and end with 1 arm push ups. His philosophy is to do each exercise with strict form and at specific pace. I think the book title was for marketing but the actual exercises look to be effective. I'll see how I do in a month or 2 but I can see incorporating it into my schedule for a long time.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Holy ****! This just made my day.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Nalga clenching exercises.
  • NCP_115
    Options
    Hey Glasspack, yeah just started it this week as a matter of fact. A TON of people have gotten EXCELLENT results! Of course it's like anything get out of it what one puts in. Heard from various sources, including the first few pages in CC, Paul Wade wasn't/isn't an ex con much less an actual person. Don't let that take away from the FACT that those time proven old school excercises actually WORK.! AND from the people I personally have known doing/and have done real time, the excercises and plans are what are actually taking place in institutions with and without weight for the inmates. Other great body weight resources are BEASTSKILLS.COM and the book Naked Warrior. With Hard work and Perseverance, Cheers, N
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    sorry..... LOL.