Calorie intake prior to MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    At least 3000 a day, I would say. Where I work they give us free lunch and it was always high calorie (taco salads, fried chicken w/mashed potatoes and gravy, etc.) Tuesday nights is Pizza Buffet at Pizza Hut, lol, so always had to hit that! Bored watching TV? Grab some chips or make a bag of kettle corn. But of course, always wash it down with diet Pepsi, lol!

I am new to MFP, but have been watching my calories for about 3 weeks and have actually lost 5 lbs so far (yay me!). My work is holding a "Biggest Loser" program for 12 weeks with a cash prize and I am determined to win it! That is my motivation right now. Seems I always do better when I have a specific motivation/ event on the horizon to work towards.

16621806.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MommaJo513
    Options
    I saw on Biggest Loser last night that most of them consumed at least 10,000 calories every day before BL! I'd say that I would be around the 3,000 myself. I'm 5'6" and started MFP January 1st at 200. Today I'm around 188. Baby steps! I found that the 1200 was too restrictive and so I bumped my goal up to 1350 and I feel so much better and am losing steadily. Nothing major like BL but this is what I have to do forever so I'm good with slow and steady.

Tracking my food, exercise, notes, etc...is totally what I need. It keeps me honest and lets me know when I'm not faithful to staying within my goals then I don't see good results.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    My typical day went like this....

6:45 Wake up. Fix 2 mini sausage biscuit for breakfast & a diet coke.
    7:15 Get in the car and drive my daughter to school while eating said biscuits.
    7:25 Leaving the parking lot on the way to work, realize I am STILL really hungry because those biscuits were so darn tiny. There's a McD's up the road, I'll stop there.
    7:35 I'd like a Sausage Egg & Cheese McGriddle Meal with a diet coke please.
    mmmmm, that was tasty!
    8:00 Get to work, no more diet coke. booo!! Walk to the coke machine and get another...do I have enough change for snack later?
    8:10 Back to my desk. Oh look, the receptionist has candy on her desk...I'll just take one hershey kiss...ok, 2.
    11:45 Lunch time meeting with a client. Drive through Wendy's because OFCOURSE I don't have time to eat my packed lunch that is sitting 200 feet awat in the fridge.
    Can I get a single burger meal and large size that...(wait, their large drinks are HUGE) make that medium please? And a diet coke.
    12:15Work meeting @ Starbucks...Can I get a tall latte please, and a scone (I haven't had dessert yet have I?)
    3:00 Back at work ...coworker asks if I want anything from the vending machine....sure, I'll walk with you. Well, since I am here, I'll just get a bag of sour cream and cheddar ruffles. And a diet coke.
    5:00 End of the day....time to go home. Call's hubby "I am sooo tired and hungry! What's for dinner?.....I just dont have the energy to cook. What's in the freezer? Pizza? We'll just make two so we can take the leftovers to work tomorrow."
    5:30Get almost home & remember there is a Little Ceaser's up the road...I'll surprise them and pick up a pizza and breadsticks.
    It's American Idol night!! Yay Pizza!!
    6:15 Dessert? Ok, there is some ice cream in the freezer.
    10:00...I should go to bed, but I am so hungry. Can I have a couple of sausage biscuits? Thanks.
    10:15...mmm those were good, can I have two more? And a diet coke.
    10:45....time for bed....can you pass the tums?

Calculated the cals, fat & sodium....Results...
    Calories 5529 Fat 262 Sodium 7748
    OH MY FREAKING GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY!! No wonder I am the size of a house!! SW 361, CW 302.4

Ditto.

Breakfast: McDonald's bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit meal with a large Coke and an extra sausage biscuit on the side
    Mid-morning: Cheetos and a Coke from the vending machine
    Lunch: Chick-Fil-A 12-piece nugget meal with a Coke and an extra chicken sandwich on the side
    Mid-afternoon: honey bun/cookies/candy from the vending machine
    Drive home from work: McDonald's Hot-N-Spicy McChicken, McDouble cheeseburger, value fries and value Coke
    Dinner: 2 margaritas, chips and queso, quesadilla/fajitas/enchilada plate at a Mexican restaurant with friends
    Late-night: pint of Blue Bell ice-cream

I don't even want to add it up, but you get the picture.... SW: 378 :cry:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    To get me as big as it was, I probably consumed at least 3000+ calories each day; however, since I stayed right around the same weight for several years, I would guess that I probably consumed about 2500-2700 on average, which would have been my "maintenance" calories with no exercise when I started on here.
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say average female intake- 2300-2500 cals? something like that. Although my bf [used to] eat out a lot with me-we've been going out for a year now so I guess it was a lot of that "I'll impress you by taking you out" dinner hahaha. like, every single weekend. every dinner. oh, and at places like The Cheesecake Factory. you know, where a 3-course meal could feed a small country. I miss those 1300-calorie chocolate cakes. <-- and that's the chocolate cake without any cheesecake added! soooooooo much fudge & ganache on those things. :love: