How are You Guys Doing So Great

Options
I have been reading through tons of posting over the last several days and I have been checking out everyones tickers. My question is how are you guys loosing 20, 30 plus pounds a month. I have only been on this site for a week tomorrow and I have lost my 2 lbs. But at that rate I will never be at the level most of you seem to be.

Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my 2 lbs. but if I can do it at a faster rate and still do it in a healthy way I would love to give it a try.

So what I am asking for is for people to give me their diet and exercise routine so I can jump aboard.

Thanks in advance.

181673.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• MyKids04
    MyKids04 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have been reading through tons of posting over the last several days and I have been checking out everyones tickers. My question is how are you guys loosing 20, 30 plus pounds a month. I have only been on this site for a week tomorrow and I have lost my 2 lbs. But at that rate I will never be at the level most of you seem to be.

Don't get me wrong I am very proud of my 2 lbs. but if I can do it at a faster rate and still do it in a healthy way I would love to give it a try.

So what I am asking for is for people to give me their diet and exercise routine so I can jump aboard.

Thanks in advance.

181673.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    They might have weighed a lot more than you when they started.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    2 pounds in a week is a great rate to lose at. Some people's tickers may be reflective of weight lost before starting MFP, so you can't always judge by that alone. Check out Kerri's post from earlier today for some other hints. There may be some ways in there to kick things up for you :http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48463-kerri-s-top-10-reasons-why-you-re-not-losing-weight
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hey, 2 lbs in the 1st week?!?! You're doing great! :happy: I agree with jljohnson, the majority of people on here have probably lost weight before starting MFP and when entering your info, it suggests that you count those lbs as well! Personally...I didn't even come across MFP until I had lost 10-12 lbs.

We're all doing very similar things...count your calories and exercise like there's no tomorrow!!!

Good Luck!
  • tazfather
    tazfather Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well as i know it , and i think most of us do.
    The more you have extra weight the more you lose quickly , but then you get to a point where to lose an extra lb you have to cut a leg or somthing :happy: but after it will take longer time to lose weight
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    A lot of people lose weight on their own before joining MFP, they then create their tickers to show these previous losses, so it's not also the correct assumption that they have lost the weight SINCE joining. Also, yes, the more you have to lose, the quicker you'll see big numbers.
  • MyKids04
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's response. I actually feel better. I thought I was doing something wrong. And yes I am very glad about my two pounds. And again thank you, thank you and thank you. May everyone have a successful week and if not there is always next week.

I am personally taking one day at a time. :drinker: Lets all have a glass of water on me. LOL181673.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    no speedy weight loss here it took me a year to lose this weight :)
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Today makes a week for me since joining and I've only lost 1lb...I was pretty active before I started MFP and watched what I ate...I've just been at a stand still for a year or so! I'm just trying to get the ball rolling again! Plus MFP really helps you see how active you really are and what you really eat. Sometimes we think that we are doing a better job than what we really are once we see it in writing!

Good Luck!

180909.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • MyKids04
    Options
    no speedy weight loss here it took me a year to lose this weight :)

That is great I hope to be you next year. I was just mis informed. I saw peoples start date under their photo than saw these large numbers on their tickers and was like wow. Not realizing that a lot of people started dieting and exercising before joining the site and that is what the numbers show. But I can't wait til next year this time and to see where I will be at.

And thanks for taking time to post your comment.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging 1 pound per week so you're doing great!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I've been dropping about 2 pounds a week for about 3 months. Way easy for me 'cause I have a lot to lose.

It just takes time and persistence. You're doing great, keep it up. :smile:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I joined almost a month ago and have really only lost 7.5 pounds but the ticker is generous and says 8. I love that. So I lose about 2 pounds a week. I have only blown it once really with 2500 calories but for the most part I am within 50 of my 1200 calories. Sometimes i eat my excercise calories and sometimes I don't. Seems better if I don't but if I'm hungry I eat them.
    2 pounds a week sound great to me. I am so glad I joined. It's hot out finally and I am shedding the clothes. I don't excerice much but I plan to real real soon.
    Good luck to you.